Count Records in a subform (1 Viewer)

scottrie2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:17
I have a form (Family) that has a subform (children). On the main form, the is a next button, previous button and a combo box that allows a user to navigate to a specific family. I need to be able to know how many children there are when I navigate to a record. I have tried a few options that have not worked. The most direct method I tried was:
Code:
    If Me.Children.Form.Recordset.RecordCount > 0 Then
        ChildOn (1)
        Else
        ChildOn (0)
    End If

This worked in that the result for RecordCount returns either a 0 (no children) or a 1 (any number of children). The problem is that it does not give an accurate number -- 1 child returns a 1 and 6 children returns a 1 as well. I need to have an accurate count for what I am programming (I am going a different direction than the ChildOn that I was using.) I also put a text box on the subform with a source of =Count(*). That does work, but I cannot figure out how to access that number from the main form's Next button because it is not calculated until AFTER the code from the next button is finished processing. I was wondering if there was some type of DAO recordset code that I could run that would see how many children records were associated with the FamilyID of the main form.

Thanks for any insight.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
you can do a dcount
dcount("*","SomeTableorQuery","FamilyID = " & me.FamilyID)

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
However, your code should work if standard access table or query.
Add in to debug
msgbox me.children.form.recordset.recordcount

hat type of recordsource/recordset is the subform (access query, sql server, ADO recordset, dao recordset)? Is that code on the on current event?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom