Operation Fishtank! (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
Sorry for bringing one more completely off topic discussion....

We have an almari attached to the wall. Above that there is a shafty is available (15x3x2.5 feet). I want to convert that entire shaft into an aquarium. I spoke to the local aquarium people they said they cannot. My mind is asking 'Why Not'? Attaching the picture. Please guide.

Attachments

• IMG_20240511_134630.jpg
    IMG_20240511_134630.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 30

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:01
My mind is asking 'Why Not'? Attaching the picture. Please guide.

My mind is asking "Why didn't you ask the aquarium people 'Why not'?" We aren't mind readers. (At least, none of us will admit to it if we are...)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:31
In India we have an habit of telling 'It can't be done' when we as a person cannot do a thing. We generalise!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
India doesn't have an exclusive lock on that habit. In the USA, "It can't be done" often means "I can't do it." But it often ALSO means "I don't want to bother with it because it will be too messy." Or "I don't want to do it because it would cut into my lunch period." Or "I don't want to do it because my girlfriend just texted me that she's horny."

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:01
Maybe because a fish tank on top of a metal wardrobe near the ceiling isn't a prudent idea....

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 23:01
What is an 'almari'? And what is a 'shafty'? I'm not far off 80 years old and never heard these words.
Col

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Since we didn't get an answer right away, I resorted to the great Google brain. "Almari" is a Hindustani word meaning "cabinet" similar in meaning to "armoire".

"Shafty" has to be a localism.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:01
An aquarium filling that space would be fairly large and thus very heavy. My guess would be the underlying structure isn't built to support that kind of weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom