"Pretty" command buttons in Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

Seeker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:20
Perhaps this has been covered but I'm having trouble finding the appropriate search terms. I have a .mdb database (created years ago and modified many times) that I'm looking at with Access 2007 on my Vista machine. The buttons currently on the main form and any new command buttons I create in this database are in the new style with gradient fill and rounded corners: <see attached> - Roundy.jpg

In all other databases I open AND in any new databases I create (.mdb or .accdb), any command button I create is of the old style (i.e. flat, system gray with square corners): <see attached> - Square.jpg

Does anyone know how to enable the new style buttons? I'm not looking for an add-in or an ActiveX control to download. It's currently working just by using the commandbutton button on the standard control toolbox in that one database; I just want it to do the same thing in all my other databases.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Roundy.jpg
    Roundy.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 2,080
  • Square.jpg
    Square.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,657

Seeker

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:20
Just when I had given up hope I noticed:
1) it wasn't just spiffy command buttons but checkboxes and option buttons too
2) copying a "spiffy" button and pasting it into a "dull" database turned it into a dull button

So I figured it out. Go to the Office Button, hit Access Options, choose Current Database, and check the box marked Use Windows-themed Controls on Forms.

Sorry to waste a post but hopefully this helps someone else!

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:20
Don't worry, I came across the same issue.

Other things to lookout for, depending on the age of the database

OpenReport

[View]
Preview was acPreview now acViewPreview
Print was acPrint now acViewPrint

[WindowMode]
Normal was acNormal now acWindowsNormal

To Remove the arrow on a subforms Datasheet column headers

Set the Form Property Shortcut Menu to No!

Simon

jsv2002

Registered User.
Local time
Yeah found this one a while back hope you don't use tabbed pages tho as they will all be white now irrespective of setting e.g. transparent......;)

EdAROC

Local time
Today, 07:20
Seeker - Don't apologize...
I had just finished one form (one accdb file) and noticed the buttons. Updated another form (another accdb file) and the buttons were square and boring. I spent over an hour yesterday trying to find a property or other setting. No success. This morning I Googled for something and found your posting. So, it wasn't a wasted post.

Thanks.

Simon_MT

Registered User.
Local time
I too looked around the web for "pretty effects", although I liked the new Command Buttons what about labels etc.

I can across DFM2HTML and added labels using images:

http://www.designedlogic.com/ClientsExample15.html

The example is fairly elementary and I believe later versions of Photoshop you can make rounded rectangles but this little applet to easier to use.

Simon

alaadin

Local time
Today, 14:20
Just when I had given up hope I noticed:
1) it wasn't just spiffy command buttons but checkboxes and option buttons too
2) copying a "spiffy" button and pasting it into a "dull" database turned it into a dull button

So I figured it out. Go to the Office Button, hit Access Options, choose Current Database, and check the box marked Use Windows-themed Controls on Forms.

Sorry to waste a post but hopefully this helps someone else!
it helped me alot thanks very much

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom