The Robots are Coming!!!! (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:53
At the moment that I must legally convert to Islam or die, I will pay the boatman's fee by taking along at least one other soul as payment for my ride across the River Styx.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
All my life, Doc, I've questioned whether God would be OK with me outwardly pretending to convert to Islam (or something like that), but inwardly He would know my heart was really still in surrender to Him - I would just be outwardly pretending. Would this be OK.

Some verses of the Bible suggest we should confess Jesus boldly. Yet, there ARE times in the Bible when Jesus or the apostles used trickery to protect themselves, because their time to be martyred had not yet come. Example, Jesus used magic to get through a hostile crowd, crossed the sea quietly, avoided a town, etc. Also when Paul was lowered in a basket (was it Paul?) outside a city to avoid being martyred - so it's not like there is no precedent for apostles avoiding death when possible.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:53
How many temples or churches in countries ruled by Sharia law? Kuwait had exactly ONE Church for a country the size of New Jersey. No Temples. The church was there because most of the servants in the country were from India and most claimed to be Christian. So, this was an effort to control the underclass. Most countries of the Middle East and Northern Africa have purged themselves of Jews and Christians. So populations in the millions are down to 0 or just a few hundred. If you think there were a lot of "Palestinians" displaced in 1948, you might want to count the number of Jews and Christians that were displaced from Muslim countries and had their property and businesses confiscated by the "state". No one ever talks about these purges because no one cares if Christians and Jews are persecuted by Muslims.

The family of one of my best friends was displaced from Iraq in the late 30's. They fled to China and my friend was born there. Later, they escaped to Australia which is where he was raised. A coworker was a Coptic Christian and her family fled Egypt about 30 years ago.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 23:53
If you think there were a lot of "Palestinians" displaced in 1948, you might want to count the number of Jews and Christians that were displaced from Muslim countries and had their property and businesses confiscated by the "state". No one ever talks about these purges because no one cares if Christians and Jews are persecuted by Muslims.
Well said A ++

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom