The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (2 Viewers)

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:14
Yip - I'd rather try to copy Joe Satriani... An equally impossible challenge but at least he uses a pick lol

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:14
He holds his index finger parallel to the strings sometimes which makes it tough to see what going on, especially if the camera angle is towards the neck.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
So I was watching you tube the other day and a new artist came up.. and this song in particular..

Most people are pretty amazed initially and then it sinks in a bit how much the guy is tortured. It really blurs the line between poetry and music.
I'd be interested in what you guys think. For me its a combination between Shakespeare , Eminem and Ed Sheeran the guy is a seriously great performer - trained on the streets and it really shows everything in his performances are completely down.

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Justin Hawkins from The Darkness did a review of this a couple of weeks ago on his YouTube channel. A lot of different art styles crammed into one for sure. Not for everyone but that's art I guess.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:14
I really like the way it started. I am a fan of progressive style music like YES, and Emerson Lake and Palmer even progressive blues but it lost me towards the end.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
This thread is long hopefully I didn't post that before... but I like them... Tim Henson (the first lead guitarist) I believe designed this in a music scripting programme and then learn't to play it afterwards... Polyphia are really on a wave at the moment and I expect some of the guitarists have heard of them.

Percussion is very impressive in this

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:14
A little too "new wave" for my tastes, but I appreciate good musicianship wherever it is found. Thanks for sharing!

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Just watched an HBO documentary on the Bee-Gees. I'll give it a "B" rating. I've always enjoyed the Bee-Gees, but never realized the depth of their music. I guess that I had it stuck in my head that they were a Disco band, which they are not after watching the documentary. A good documentary to watch.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I had the same experience with Journey. Had no idea they rocked like they did in the early days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom