The Slightly Obscure Music Discussion And Quizzy Thread (1 Viewer)

murphybridget

Local time
Today, 14:06
It's a journey I've been on since I learned to play drums 60 years ago aged 12. It started with 'Let There Be Drums' by Sandy Nelson (hear it on Spotify) then through various groups and European tours, I'm still at it. Now I play guitar just at home, drums are too loud.
Col
Does your age/health have a negative effect on your playing?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 02:06
The red dress has nothing to do with it. The artist was referred to as "the cute one"...

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:06
Well I'm stuck.. I think I know the band / artist but I could only name 1 or 2 songs of his at best

Last edited:

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Does your age/health have a negative effect on your playing?
I think my drumming skills may have deteriorated as I haven't played in a band since covid came. Guitar wise I'm a newbie as I've only been playing for 10 years or so, I played bass guitar in an orchestra and still do the odd gig on bass if a band needs one to fill in. I'm not sure I could do 4 hour gigs like I did in the 1970's.
Col

murphybridget

Local time
I think my drumming skills may have deteriorated as I haven't played in a band since covid came. Guitar wise I'm a newbie as I've only been playing for 10 years or so, I played bass guitar in an orchestra and still do the odd gig on bass if a band needs one to fill in. I'm not sure I could do 4 hour gigs like I did in the 1970's.
Col
A four hour gig will definitely be out of the question.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Well done Minty! I haven't heard that song since the mid-80's...I cranked it to 11 and sang at the top of my lungs. Anyone who drove beside me must have thought I had lost my mind...

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:06
Anyone who drove beside me must have thought I had lost my mind...

When my wife was still driving her vehicle that had a CD player, if she heard a bass-heavy rap song, she would put on her bagpipe CD. It is a fact of nature that high-pitched sounds are easier to hear even in competition with low-pitched sounds. She would then roll down her windows and blast away with "Blue Bells of Scotland."

And John... even those of us who DON'T drive next to you may sometimes have similar opinions. ;)

Darrell

Registered User.
Local time
Hmm considering in the early 80's I was listening to Iron Maiden, Saxon, Motorhead and Pink Floyd, I'm not surprised I don't know this :ROFLMAO:
Kind of disappointed that it wasn't in 3/4 time...

Last edited:

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
I didn't gain any appreciation to those bands until about 10 years after their prime. I've always been a bit of a late bloomer

murphybridget

Local time
I didn't gain any appreciation to those bands until about 10 years after their prime. I've always been a bit of a late bloomer
When I was in my teenage years I was bullied because of my music preference that was of a by gone era.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom