The Department of Positive Out of Body Possibilities (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 22:19
What the f****'s a twenty year old picture of American teeth got to do with anything?:rolleyes:
And what the f*** has anything written by Tim Brewer got to do with reality:confused:

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
I have looked into the Brain Gate machine a bit myself and the thing that jumped out at me was the connection between the mind and the machine. I believe that Tim Brewer's hypothesis relies on the fact that when a person experiences an Out of Body experience, that experience is experienced in the mind.
The machine connects with the brain, not the 'mind'.

Rich

Registered User.
Local time
Will Tims crackpot testers have to mind their p's and q's whilst attached?:rolleyes:

T

Tim'sfriendMartin

Hello Mike Gurman,

The brain does nothing without the mind, other than run the autonomic nervous system that is. The idea behind the Brain Gate is that the person who is hooked up can control a computer with their thoughts.

I believe that "mind" is the correct term because of the free will decision making that is involved in its use.

I respectfully suggest that your criticisms of my choice of terminology is hereby overruled. The motion stands, Tim'sfriendMartin's point is upheld.

>insert gavel banging sound here<

:)

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Hello Mike Gurman,

The brain does nothing without the mind, other than run the autonomic nervous system that is. The idea behind the Brain Gate is that the person who is hooked up can control a computer with their thoughts.

I believe that "mind" is the correct term because of the free will decision making that is involved in its use.

I respectfully suggest that your criticisms of my choice of terminology is hereby overruled. The motion stands, Tim'sfriendMartin's point is upheld.

>insert gavel banging sound here<

I knew it was pointless to mention it of course. I'm not disputing the existence of things called 'minds' - so that wasn't just a nitpick of the terminology.

The Braingate is a machine explicitly designed to physically connect to a brain, composed of solid matter.

Tim's proposal (as you well know) is to connect it to a disembodied 'orb' - something it is not designed to do, and there is no reason to expect it to do.

Notwithstanding the doubtful existence of these 'orbs' - even if we assume they exist - it's still like saying that headphones work when you plug them into a CD player, so let's try plugging them directly into the music itself.

Last edited:
T

Tim'sfriendMartin

I knew it was pointless to mention it of course. I'm not disputing the existence of things called 'minds' - so that wasn't just a nitpick of the terminology.

The Braingate is a machine explicitly designed to physically connect to a brain, composed of solid matter.

Tim's proposal (as you well know) is to connect it to a disembodied 'orb' - something it is not designed to do, and there is no reason to expect it to do.

Notwithstanding the doubtful existence of these 'orbs' - even if we assume they exist - it's still like saying that headphones work when you plug them into a CD player, so let's try plugging them directly into the music itself.

Dear Mike Gurman,

A question is not pointless, so I'm glad you brought the subject up. It is upon these milemarkers that true progress in the sharing of thought can be measured. After all, unless we all define the terminology the same way, we stand a very real chance of missing the mark with regard to the complete transition between that which is thoguht and that which is the spoken, or in this case, the written word. I suspect this is what is happening with regard to Tim Brewer's writings on the subject matter at hand.....but before that, please allow me to reclarify the definition of brain/mind with regard to it's functional status within the framwork of the Braingate machine...

As to the Braingate machine, technically speaking, just hooking to the brain does nothing to impact its function. This same analogy can be applied to a light switch as well. On its own, it does nothing but serve as a means to control the flow of electricity to a bulb. The human mind, deciding to lighten a room, consciously decides to engage the finger so that it pushes against the switch in such a way as to allow the lightbulb to function in the manner in which it was designed.

Now, back to the concept of miscommunication......I do not believe that Tim Brewer is suggesting that we hook an intangible energy field, such as an orb, into a physical piece of hardware such as the Braingate machine. I am confident that if you were to rexamine the writings of Tim Brewer in a more careful and studious manner, you would find that he is referring to the orbs (positive thought energy) as a force of nature that is a kin to the energy realm phenomena such as "ghosts" or other paranormal activities. Without being completely certain, I am fairly sure that Tim Brewer is proposing that inside everyone of us there is a soul, which is made of energy. As the physical body loses its functionality, this energy leaves the vessel and travels to its next phase. Technically speaking, if the energy orb is always in us, then our bodies, not unlike the light switch, are merely just tools or switches, that are in fact, indirectly connected to our inner orb via the direct interface of our free will decision making. Looking at the situation from this perspective, one can easily connect the dots, so to speak, as to the reasons why Tim Brewer would speak about Pain vs. Pleasure and acting in such a way as to put our minds in a state of "pleasure thinking", instead of "pain thinking".

I hope this has helped to clarify things a bit.

All the best to you,

Martin :)

T

Tim'sfriendMartin

No, it doesn't - but on the bright side, my expectations were not high.

Hello Mike Gurman,

Hmmmmm......I would hate to think that you were one of the "unreachables"......one would think that by the very fact that you frequent a message board targeted at computer programmers, you would be quite adept at integrating concepts that are of the purely logical variety.

Typically, I am quite proficient when it comes to taking what is abstract and intangible and wording it in such a way as to give it depth and substance....I do sincerely hope that I'm not losing my touch...

:(

On a side note, I do take some degree of comfort from the fact that your expectations were such that my failing to reach you has not caused any lasting harm to your psyche. Perhaps I will reformulate my approach and try again at a later date.....for now, I'm off to get some mowing and yardwork done.

All the best and until next time....

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Hello Mike Gurman,

Hmmmmm......I would hate to think that you were one of the "unreachables"......one would think that by the very fact that you frequent a message board targeted at computer programmers, you would be quite adept at integrating concepts that are of the purely logical variety.
Nice. Blame the audience for your own failure to adequately communicate.

It's not that I don't understand what you're saying - I do. I just think you're wrong. Wrong in agreeing with Tim, and at times incorrect in your supposed understanding of what he's saying.

Of course, you know all of this anyway, because this is all just some inane, calculated game of yours.

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
Today, 14:19
What qualifications do you have to operate on the human brain? I'm pretty sure the laws in America are every bit as strict in this area as they are in the rest of the world.

Why would I need to operate on any human brain?

They already do 90%, of my experiment now, with out me.

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
Has anyone else Googled this Brain Implant the freak is talking about? The only thing I could find, apart from Tim the Spare's endless yabberings on countless forums was to do with implanting for medical purposes, ie for people who were disabled. Are you disabled by any chance Tim? Has your mind already crossed over to the other side and forgotten its way back? Why are you so obsessed with what lays beyond the realms of life? Don't you think we'll all experience death soon enough?

I'm not obsessed with it, but I am surprised by how many people, do not get it the time of day, week, month, or year.

My thoughts have not crossed over, but they do get bored at times, as others try and comprehend it.

If you truly feel that death comes soon enough, for what ever reason you believe that might be, then you would think that you would be concerned about it more, especially now that we have other options out there.

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
What the f****'s a twenty year old picture of American teeth got to do with anything?:rolleyes:

At one time, this image sold more posters than any other. that in it self should qualify her for a poster child or something.

Who do you feel should be the first one to try my free idea?

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
And what the f*** has anything written by Tim Brewer got to do with reality:confused:

It has nothing to do with your structure reality today, as you perceive it, but it will in the future.

The Wright Brothers airplane, in their day, had nothing to do with structure reality then either, but now it is.

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Yes, the machine connects with your brain now, and your Orb thoughts later.
How will a machine explicitly designed to connect to solid, physical brain matter later connect to 'orb thoughts'? It isn't designed to do that. There no reason to expect it to work.

It's exactly the same as saying "headphones connect to CD players now, and will connect directly to music later", or "if I can put a calculator in my pocket now, I will be able to put numbers in my pocket tomorrow"

Last edited:

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Please feel free to inform us all Mike, where you get all your inside information in this field.

Why do you feel it will never work?
I've said why I don't think it will work. Why I don't think it will ever happen is different - that's because:
Tim, if he's for real, will never progress beyond the stage of rambling on about it on internet forums

or

Tim, if he's not for real, is playing a silly game with people on the internet.

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
I think you will find that the mind or thought process is a series of within the brain. The machine does not connect directly to these impulses, it connects directly to the brain matter, the physical brain. It is these impulses that set the triggers required to make the machine work. I'm surprised your friends over in the physics forum didn't enlighten you about this, but then I'm sure they are equally as gob smacked as us at your wacky idea of planting something into the brains of the terminally niaive...

I totally understand that some of you have a hard time understanding my concept, because you are trying to measure it with old information, or information that is used for different things, through out the body.

Here is some new information that might help.

There is an inside to everything, and that is the best place to start.

Imagine for a moment, that you are holding a helium balloon, with a string attached to it.

Even though the balloon is not very big, it still has the ability to raise that balloon, and string to the ceiling.

This is not the case, with the inside of your inner thoughts.

It can be adjusted in flight, by your thoughts, and only your internal Orb thoughts.

An inner Orb don't need all those neuron impulse connections, because it starts, from the inside out, and in energy, it is already connected to the space it resides in, except the experience you provide it.

In other words, when you think, your Orb obeys, just like it should be doing in your body now.

So what you are saying in your statement, is what they are doing with Brain Gate now, works good for them, and you right now?

If we are in agreement with that, then nothing should need to be changed with the first leg of my free idea concept.

We are in agreement, that they are getting the correct bang for there buck, when it comes to understanding Brain Gate patients, and what thoughts they are trying to inform them about, be it playing pong, or anything else.

This is important, because this does cover the first section of my free idea concept.

In the movie Miracle on 34TH street, the defense lawyer, was looking for the same kind of agreement, with how good the U.S.Post office was, at doing there job!

Getting the right letter, to the right person.

Do you believe that the staff of Brain Gate, can distinguish between one Brain Gate Patient on the machine,

to another one, using the same Brain Gate machine?

If your answer is yes, then how do you imagine they are capable of doing that?

When I woke up in my near death experience. I was floating at an angle toward the ceiling lights of the room I was in,

and by mentally measuring my speed, an angle toward that ceiling light, helped me to get a better understanding, how long I was passed out for, before being placed in that near death situation.

I would estimate seconds.

As I got closer to the ceiling light, I did have the ability to alter my direction upward, and float at a parallel angle to the ceiling light after that, until I decided to head back into my head!

Your inner thoughts, or the inside of your structure Orb.

Is a lot like your inner thoughts now, except when your Orb leaves your body, you do too, and then you have to adjust for this type of movement.

Just imagine that you have this orb in your head, and you are mentally inside it, and once it comes out of your body, Either, in a near death experience, or an after death one.

That this Orb is going to want to float!

The only way to alter that out of control action, is to take control of the situation.

Mentally decide, what direction you want to go, and then your inner thought Orb, should go that direction, by following your commands.

Roads might be ideal with Earth, because you might of had a say in that, but that is not the case, with your inner thoughts. It provides you with a totally different option.

There is no joystick you will ever find, that will handle as good as your connection, with your inner thoughts.

It is not like we are using our inner thoughts, for anything else right now anyway.

Some people are quite happy, ignoring anything to do with evolution, imagination, and anything else that happens to them everyday, and they just take it for granted.

After my option works though, it will help those people, who do care!

If we can do my experiment in one place, then it should work any where there is active energy.

"Is energy, nothing more than Orbs?"

Deep question, and not one, I can answer completely at this time, other than rely on my imaginary thoughts, until our science can get better answers, from my original concept.

I will still post it from time to time, because it connects to my open ended follow through puzzle, but not as fact, at this time.

Example:

I use the word Orb, based on what it provides for my topic, but History might decide to call it something else later.

For my topic, it is still an Orb!

Imagine the space inside the dirtiest trash can you have ever seen.

What would you associate that option with?

Maybe a bad smell.

I did not smell anything in my NDE.

Science questions people like Galileo, and you live a better life now, as a result of that.

He served a purpose, because he made people think!

I am here to do the same, based on new information, from this topic.

What came first, the Easter egg, the chicken, or Tim Brewer?

If I provide the right answer for this question, based on information we get from my free idea concept some day, then the answer to this above riddle, just might be me.

Afterlife people Orb space, is a bi-product of being a human.
Afterlife animal Orb space, is a bi-product of being an animal.
Etc.

"Is there life after death?"

"Yes!"

It is time to stretch and grow your internal thoughts.

Please before you try and do this correctly.

Please take this time, and write down anything, that is important in your short term memory.

Why is this important, Because we will not be using your short term thoughts, and they only get in the way.

Imagine for a moment, that your short term memory, in your inner thoughts, is like a pop up add on your computer monitor.

It only gets in the way, just like any other short term emotion, during this time.

Albert Einstein thought like this, and so did Thomas A. Edison.

Edison only drew from this option 1%, and maybe because that was all he could handle, or maybe his employees could handle, at any given time.

Now Albert Einstein on the other hand, did not even know his home phone number, but he knew where he could get it. Why, because he used his inner thoughts, and not his short term thoughts, when focusing on his bigger equations.

I think the same way.

You could think the same way as well.

Everything I post, can be measured, regardless if you believe that, or not.

Every internal thought I post, has value, even if you do not understand it right now. What that value might mean, depends on me, you, or somebody else, and what type of mind set they were in, when they thought about it.

My friend Martin does!

Do I want to spend my whole life, talking about this option?

No!

I would rather be outside having fun with my family, and friends!

Why don't I?

Because, this option is that important!

I broke the code to understanding people like Edison, and Einstein, but that don't hold a candle, to my free idea concept!

Our culture usually thinks, from the outside in.

I think from every option, I can be provided, in one way or another, and then I try and explain it, and let you decide!

If that don't work, then Martin is more than willing to see what he can do.

If you happen to be one of those people, like Martin, that has the ability to understand me better, then that is only a plus for you!

What do I provide, every time I post?

A cross road of opportunities!

Today class, we will be talking about thinking like Albert Einstein, or Thomas A. Edison.

Would you like to be able to do that?

What is my goal?

To give you more, than you expect!

How can I do that?

Posting my thoughts, and hoping you learn from it.

Martin has the gift to understand me.

Maybe he can explain how he has this ability, and you can do it as well, if you decide to do that.

Quick Review of this long thread!

-If people are still having trouble understanding this concept, then they are in a flight response, and might not even know they are doing that.
-They refuse to give this option value, based on previous brainwashing.
- If they truly wanted to understand this concept more, then they would be asking Martin more questions, because he understands it most of the time, and if he does not, then I will try and explain it, a different way, until something works!

Our goal with this topic, is a right direction, regardless what paradigm we must use to make it happen!

Yes, this topic is that big!

Yes, this topic is that important!

Last edited:

Tim Brewer

Banned
Local time
I've said why I don't think it will work. Why I don't think it will ever happen is different - that's because:
Tim, if he's for real, will never progress beyond the stage of rambling on about it on internet forums

or

Tim, if he's not for real, is playing a silly game with people on the internet.

Dear Mike,

You might be right, but that only makes me want to try harder!

I think they call that our legacy!

Albert Einstein did not know his equation was capable of being a nuclear weapon, until somebody else told him, and that person did not know, until he watched a science fiction movie, and as a result of that, it came to him, and then he told Albert Einstein.

Please fill free to use Martin insight into my thoughts, then go see a science fiction movie, and see what you can do on your own.

In the bigger picture,
-I might be the informer, Martin the translator, and you are the one who makes it happen!

Regardless how the equation plays out, we all win in the long run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom