Site Issues ??!! (1 Viewer)

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:43
I have a different description of the fault.

If I am not logged in and then log in, the screen does not reflect the new logged in status. For the screen to reflect the new logged in status I need to press F5 or reload the page (Firefox).

The reverse also applies.

If I am logged in and then log out, the screen does not reflect the new logged out status. For the screen to reflect the new logged out status I need to press F5 or reload the page.

This might indicate that a step is now missing from the log in/out status request. It appears that the site software no longer tests the change in log in/out status but simply redraws the screen based on the status prior to the change in status.

However, it does appear that a user request to redraw the screen does check the log in/out status prior to redrawing the screen.

Chris.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 07:43
Me and my big mouth, it's failed again. :eek:

Brian

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Exactly. Except try and quote somebody. It will quickly forgot you even though it confirmed your log on two seconds ago.:banghead: It took me 6-7 tries to post this.

I find that when it wont let me post if I quote then it will, I have started hitting the Quote and then deleting the text if I don't want to quote.

Brian

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:43
I am having issues that the forum is always fully read when I do not actively log off from the forum.... Not the worst of things, but slightly annoying.

Dont have any issues replying to things though

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
My issue which has been reported before is that AWF cannot or does or will not send emails to my email address.

My ISP is Bigpond and is the biggest in Australia when it comes to people covered or land mass covered.

The result of this is that if someone tries to join AWF and uses Bigpond they will not get an acceptance Email. So these people would go somewhere else.

How can I help or answer a reply if I don't know there is one.

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Just tried to create new thread in the Theory & Practice of db design forum -it won't let me but redirects me to login page, despite me beeing logged in ... grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
I'm getting fed up with the problems of using this site, does the owner not care anymore?

Brian

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 02:43
Today, I'm having issues. I can't seem to get a PM to send. It's also not updating that one has been read. It took a few refreshes.

Jon! Where are you?

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
I think it is an assumption on our part that Jon even knows about the problem.

Has anybody tried to send Jon a message regarding this matter?
The higher up the message comes from the more importance he may place on it.

Chris.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 02:43
I think it is an assumption on our part that Jon even knows about the problem.

Has anybody tried to send Jon a message regarding this matter?
The higher up the message comes from the more importance he may place on it.

Chris.

Now why didn't I think of that... :rolleyes:

He hasn't logged in in weeks according to his page and hasn't responded to my message, so I'm not sure what he's doing.

That being said, I'm not sure he knows about the problem, but part of the problem with that is he has been MIA.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
He may just be on a well earned holiday :)

maw230

somewhat competent
Local time
Today, 01:43
I don't comment here often, but I'm beginning to wonder if I should find another site for Access help. Getting lots of sporadic issues...

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Someone just sent me a message about issues with this forum. I was unaware of them until now. I will look into it.

I would be grateful if someone could list what the specific issues are.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
Someone just sent me a message about issues with this forum. I was unaware of them until now. I will look into it.
It was I, who sent the message now. I was under the assumption Vas had already contacted you, but then I thought I might send another one, so this could be resolved sooner. It would be greatly appreciated, if something is done about this.
I would be grateful if someone could list what the specific issues are.
Some of the standing issues are,

1. Threads that have been read, are marking themselves unread.
  2. Cache has to be cleared every second, or the threads are loading from there.
  3. If you have posted a reply, the replies come up immediately, but if you go out of the thread and come back into it, your reply will be gone unless you perform a Clear cache.
  4. Other members replies are not loading, unless the cache is cleared.
  5. Sessions keep expiring quickly.
  6. Sometimes, email notifications are tarried.
  7. Private messages, will keep popping up again even if you have just read it. Unless you clear your cache.
IMO, it has to do with cookies and cache settings. As every problem is related to clearing the cache.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I appreciate the detail and the request for help. I've been very busy doing other stuff and had no idea of the issues with the forum until now. I am onto my host to see what they say.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Could someone check to see if anything has improved now? My host is doing a test on something.

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I think I have dived into testing a bit early, but the answer would be a No.

My read post are becoming unread,
The threads I have replied are still showing up hidden.
Threads are not updating in the "New threads" section.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
What makes you think you have tested too early?

Can you clear your browser cache, to see if you are affected by that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom