Same form, different tables (1 Viewer)

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:40
Hi,

I have been giving the task of creating a few forms and tables allocating work.

I have created one form that will update a table.
This table currently holds the 'good' data to work. However in the table that data is extracted from will be 'dirty' data.

I would like to be able to use the same process to process the dirty data as the structure will be the same.

So, my idea, if possible is to use the same forms, but have different tables supplying the data. just that the query to build the table will have opposite criteria to the 'good' data.

One form has a Crosstab datasheet to show the totals for various categories. The source for that will change. The table of the 'dirty' data will be a different table and hence name, and the form to edit that data will need to work on both types.

Is this possible please.?

TIA

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
Today, 12:40
If data has the same structure except for a single dimension like clean and dirty, then I would store it all in one table, but add a field called IsDirty, which, of course, is true for all records that previously hailed from the Dirty table. This is a much simpler data arrangement.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 20:40
Thank you.

I'll look into doing it that way. I can add a field and update it with a query to identify dirty and clean data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom