Preventing Form/Table Access on FE (1 Viewer)

naa123

Local time
Today, 18:59
Hi there,

I have created an Access database which will be used to collect client data from practitioners. I have split the database into a front end and back end. On the front end, I have encrypted the file into a ACCDE file, hidden the ribbon, and the navigation bar to try and prevent users from accessing design view/VBA and tables. I am wondering if there is anything more I can do to restrict access to the forms and tables? I want to do all I can to prevent practitioners from seeing data they have not entered.

I do currently have a security system, whereby each user is assigned a TempUserID at log in. This then ensures that when accesssing forms or reports through my form menus, the user can only retrieve data that they have entered. However, there is the risk that the practitioner could see data not entered by them if they access tables.

If anyone has any advice on securing the database further I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 13:59
@isladogs is the source for this

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:59
I was going to say if the data is highly sensitive then perhaps consider encrypting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom