Create Report from Query and Tables? (1 Viewer)

Fergge

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:17
I have a database of high-school football players, and I am looking to print out single page reports (or forms) that will show detail from several tables and queries. This will act as their resume when they visit schools on recruiting visits. The reason for needing query items, is that I have developed queries that return the most up to date height, weight, 40 time etc., and that single most up to date number is what should print, not the entire table. When I try to build a report it will let me bring in multiple tables, but not queries. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

GohDiamond

"Access- Imagineer that!"
Local time
Tables are Tables and Queries are like Tables, but in queries you can join multiple tables and other queries together. Build the data source you are looking for into a query and base your Access Report on that Query.

What version of Access are you using?

Create a Query in Design View, you'll be asked to include Tables and/or other Queries. Drop them into the wizard and connect them using common Identifiers like PlayerIDs. You can connect/relate them in different ways. Play around with it, it's not terribly difficult, just drag the player ID from one Table to the Common PlayerID in the other table and a line will appear connecting them 1 to 1. Look at your Northwind Sample Db to see how they've mase queries that connect customers with order and sales and invoices (it's similar stuff compared with what you want to do). Then, ask questions here if you need more help. Show us a screen shot of your Tables or Queries or provide more specifics and we can try to help.

Cheers!
Goh

Fergge

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the advice. I will Work on the query and then post a screen shot for further advice. I was able to make the links and will hopefully be able to build the report later today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom