Office 2003 Service pack 3 (1 Viewer)

geno

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:50
Hi,
I just installed the office 2003 service pack 3, I then opened a database I'm working on and the combo boxes don't show any records. They are there but can't see any of the records. After uninstalling the service pack the data now shows. Has anyone had this problem? And if so did you get it fixed.
Geno

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 18:50
Woody's Office Watch says "Do NOT install Office 2003 SP3"

Woody's Office Watch said:
We strongly recommend you do NOT install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 - at least not yet. Peter is working deciphering the glyphs of Microsoft documentation and will report in a future Office Watch.

In the meantime, just ignore any prompts to install Office 2003 Service Pack 3 - if you have Service Pack 2 plus later security patches then waiting a week or two should not be a major problem.

http://news.office-watch.com?555

wandabout

Local time
Office 2003 SP3 - Access Combos

I have had a similar problem since installing SP3 2 days ago. All combo boxes are misbehaving. Mostly they just will not show the data contained in the first column but you can enter data manually in the field. Unfortunately our server is still Windows 2000 and the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel doesn't show the SP3 update. This means I don't seem to have a way to remove it. ANyone got any ideas of how to get rid of SP3 on a Windows 2000 machine?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Uninstall Office 2003 completely, reboot, and then reinstall.

wandabout

Local time
Thanks - we have come to the same conclusion. Don't know yet how we will manage to include all the security updates and SP2 without MS also installing SP3. I'll let you know how we get on.
N

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Thanks - we have come to the same conclusion. Don't know yet how we will manage to include all the security updates and SP2 without MS also installing SP3. I'll let you know how we get on.
N

You should be fine as long as you change your Updates from Auto to manual and then don't select the SP3. In fact you can mark it as "Don't show this to me again" if you want.

wandabout

Local time
Relief! We uninstalled Office 2003 then reinstalled and our Database works again. So, I would stronlgy advise against installing SP3 at this time. It seems to be causing problems right accross the Office suite of programs. I cope without Autotext in Word, but not without my business database.

N / aka Wandabout

wandabout

Local time
Cheers Bob. Anyone know how we alert MS to what is happening so they can fix it?
Wandabout

il_diavolo

Local time
Today, 04:50
Office SP3 & Views

We are running an Access solution, when we installed SP3 for testing compatibility purposes we discovered some issues, these issues are resolved except for one.

A main form exists with a subform where the subform is using a view. This view in turn joins 2 tables where a relationship between the 2 exists. If you try and update or add a new record, the subforms controls lock up. Does anyone perhaps have different solution that I can use?

kiborg

Local time
Today, 03:50
End of these problems

For all users who install the SP3 and to solve this problem without doing my mistake, please follow these steps:
1. You must have Windows installer 3.xx or higher installed on your machine
2. Go to Microsoft official page and download the hotfix office2003-kb945674-glb.exe
3. install the hotfix
4. your problem is gone

I previously install them with windows installer 2.11 and I have received the information that the puch is not valid. To be badly things I have enforced to reinstall my windows 2000 with SP4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom