Can't make accde (1 Viewer)

Kaybaj

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Please i need help on my database to make it accde it's complaining about "method of compiling which is associated with large database"
any help.

this is it

"This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file.* Because of the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.* The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time.* Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc).
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database as an MDE.* However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used."

what can i do

thanks

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 21:45
Actually, just go into the VBA window, click DEBUG > COMPILE and compile the project. It will take you to any errors in your VBA and so then you fix them and then compile again. Do this until you have fixed all of your errors and then it will likely work.

Kaybaj

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:45
Thanks i did that and it worked just fine

Insane_ai

Not Really an A.I.
Local time
Today, 00:45
I wanted to offer an odd situation and resolution for an example on this.
1. The database started as Access 2000 and compiled / made MDE with no problems.
2. Trying to convert to 2003-2007 had ambiguous errors. (There is no Object in this control)
3. Trying to convert to 2010-2016 had ambiguous errors.
4. Creating a shell and manually copying / importing all objects led to failure to make accde even though I could compile the database (V2007 and V2016).
5. The original database (V2000) used Microsoft Access 9.0 Object Library and DAO 3.6 - these references were part of the problem and needed to be changed out for Microsoft Access 16.0 Object Library and Microsoft Office 16.0 Access database engine Object Library, respectively.

6 MsysObjects table did not agree with what I saw in the navigation pane so transferring objects en masse kept causing errors. (Forms and reports existed in the navigatin pane but did not exist in MsysObjects) Attempts to upgrade produced errors related to the objects but I didn't understand what it was telling me until I checked MsysObjects and found the discrepancies between the table and the forms listed.

Solution:
Create a shell DB
Update references for new version.
I imported objects in this order: LInked tables, static tables, modules, macros, forms, queries, reports.

Using TransferDatabase commands for each object type allowed me to identify the offending objects (read: ambiguous errors from 2,3) and fix them, mostly by excluding them or grabbing copies from an older working backup. After all of this, I was finally able to make a working ACCDE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom