Problem With the Forum ? (1 Viewer)

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:02
The forum is no longer sending me email notifications of updates to my subscribed threads. I have not changed the settings in UserCP.

Does anyone know why this would be?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:02
So you're not getting any? You will only get one for a particular thread until you visit it again. So, if there are 6 replies but you've not been back since the last 5 replies were made, you would only have received the first one since you were there and for the other 4 you would not get notifications.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. I know how it usually works but now I don't get any from this forum. I am still getting them from other forums and I seem to be getting them from every where else which is why I thought there may be a problem with the forum email notification system.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
If I click on "Quick Links", "Subscribed Threads" I see a list of threads that I am subscribed to. In this list, the far right column is titled "Notification". All the treads are UN-checked. If I check them, leave the page and then go back, they are all UN-checked again. Should they not stay checked?:confused: Perhaps this is why I am not being sent the email notifications.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 07:02
The checkboxes there are just to select them for organizing. If your email is supposed to be getting notifications it will state what type to the left of the checkbox (like INSTANT).

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
INSTANT is what I have showing but I'm still not receiving any notifications.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:02
I'm not getting email notification either. Had a hard time finding again where to set it up.

Bob have you had any solution to this or is it still an issue?

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
I'm not getting email notification either. Had a hard time finding again where to set it up.

Bob have you had any solution to this or is it still an issue?
I used to receive email notifications from the forum, to the email account that I have with "Plusnet". I thought there may have been a problem with the forum when I stopped receiving them. I have now set up an account with "Gmail" and changed the settings of my UserCP and I do receive the notifications there. I guess the problem must be with the "Plusnet" account. Perhaps it is treating the forum notifications as spam but, as I don't know how to alter that, I'm stuck with using both email accounts.:(
The following link may help if you need to change your own forum settings. http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/faq.php?faq=vb3_user_profile#faq_vb3_subscriptions
Thanks for your interest.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
, 00:02
There are at least two people from Australia who are also not receiving emails and I’m one of them.

Chris.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, Bob, I didn’t get your email. :D

My last email from this site was 21-Sep-2012 7:35 PM @ GMT +10

And I’m supposed to get automatic emails if someone reports a post.
I really can’t do much of that sort of thing if I don’t get the notifications.

At the moment I have to bookmark posts and manually poll them to look for a response.

Chris.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Update at my end, I am seeing emails as of today Sep 30.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
jdraw.

At what time of day did you get them?
Did they come in as a batch?
Is there any other information you can supply?

Chris.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I'm not sure. I was out most of the day and saw email to night. Responded and deleted them. Seems it was sometime today.... and as I recall I went into my profile first thing this morning to confirm I had Instant set (it was set) and I re-saved the profile.

bob fitz

AWF VIP
Local time
Update:

I changed my email settings back to my original "Plusnet" address today. I am now receiving emails from the forum,:) but I still don't know what caused the problem originally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom