ssubtmr6.dll and windows 8 (1 Viewer)

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
I dont' see much on ssubtmr6.dll so I thought I'd post a question. I have an AccessDb that I've been running for some time (Developed with Access2010). I now recently installed Access runtime 2010 on a Win8 workstation. My application requires ssubtmr6.dll. But for some reason, I can't get it to register. I've put the dll in the System32 directory and tried to manually register with "regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll" from the run dialog. I keep getting:

The module "ssubtmr6.dll" may not be compatible with the version of Windows that you are running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86(32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of regsver32.exe

The bottom line is that I need to get this to register. Any ideas on how I can do this? Dont' know if this is a Win8 issue or something else.

Thanks for any help.

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your reply. I did the following from the run dialog.

%windir%\syswow64\regsvr32.exe ssubtmr6.dll

I get the error: "The module "ssubtmr6.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80004005"

This is a brand new workstation and the only thing I did after the windows setup was defrag, and then load Access runtime. After I got the message, I did a system restore to the original time, but I still get the same 0x80004005.

Any suggestions?

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Any other suggestions? I really need to get this to work.

Thank you for any replies.

craigachan

Registered User.
Local time
Re: ssubtmr6.dll and windows 8 SOLVED

Okay what fixed things for me was getting an updated dll. My original one was ssubtm6.dll was date 10/8/2010 but I found a new one dated 10/13/2012. I overwrote the original one in the System32 and it worked fine. Thanks for all fo the input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom