2003 Package Wizard question (1 Viewer)

BrettM

just a pert, "ex" to come
Local time
Today, 12:41
Hi guys,

I am attempting to use the 2003 Package Wizard however I need to have help file shortcuts created and this is something the Package Wizard in not capable of doing.

It has been suggested that I use Inno in conjunction with the Package Wizard and that I use the Package wizard to build the runtime only.

I have tried but am doing something wrong...:(

Can anyone suggest the correct configuration of the Package Wizard to enable this little task to operate smoothly?

...and does this mean that the Inno installer will launch the Package Wizard installer so the user sees two installation routines?

Regards Brett

BrettM

just a pert, "ex" to come
Local time
Today, 12:41
Thanks Bob,

Those links talk more about the Inno side of the setup, what I am interested in is the Package Wizard side and the steps needed to create the runtime.

On that thread, would it be too difficult to use Orca to modify the Package Wizard installer and add the necessary help file reference? Maybe even make the entries into a subfolder as well?

Any ideas here?

Brett

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 19:41
Thanks Bob,

Those links talk more about the Inno side of the setup,
I know - it is more powerful than the Packaging Wizard and you have more options. However, I have not used it (neither have I used the Access Packaging Wizard - I've used the VB6 one, which is similar, but that's my extent). I have heard on the MVP newsgroups that several of the MVP's have gone with Albert's Inno Scripts (just modifying for their use). So, I thought I would point you to the scripts and let you have at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom