Access Courses (1 Viewer)

moose

c'mon Chelsea
Local time
Today, 13:36
I am looking to go on a worth while advanced access course and was wondering if anyone would care to recomend any

Richio

Registered User.
Local time
Moose

I am in Peterborough (just up the road) - My wife is software, trainer although she does not cover advanced access, she knows people in the local area.

To be honest, I find that access is so large the only way to learn is by picking it up as you go along - courses can be beneficial if you are working on something specific so you can apply it.

Let me know if you want any further details

Richio

moose

c'mon Chelsea
Local time
I am actually in st.neots and any info you have would be great.
i will be applying it as i go as i have already developed a database for work but it is lacking in proffesionalism. I am being asked to develop it further but feel i need to do some training first and some sort of qualification at the end of it will be of a huge benefit to me
my email address is andy@prosolelectronics.com

Richio

Registered User.
Local time
Moose

Right here goes........There is a training Company www.d-l-r.co.uk which covers this area - he comes highly recommended and is apparently one of the best when it comes to access. He covers both the training and development side of things. My wife has used him for access training with some of her own customers with excellent feedback.

Alternatively, there are a number of training companies in and around Cambridge (Yellow pages is the best place to find) - but the quality is a bit hit and miss. Most Companies only tend to cover the likes of Excel / Word and only basic Access.
(Good) advanced access courses are hard to come by around here.

There are two types of training available - Corporate which is focussed on businesses. This is the best but comes at a price, and unfortunately does not end up with a qualification.

There is also alot of goverment funded training around at the moment, which does give you a qualification - but this is very basic stuff really designed at "getting people back to work" I would stear clear of this - if you have already designed a database for work then you probably know more than the people who would be training you on these types of courses.

I see you have been using this site for some time - I can only guess that you the only one who knows anything about access in your workplace - it can be a lonley old world if so, and if you are like me find this site of great help. Stick with it.

Best of luck

Richio

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom