Access, Director and Networks (1 Viewer)

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:44
Hi

Bit of a general query to start off with.

Has anyone used MS Access and Macromedia Director together? I would like to be able to 'spit out' a result from a Director file (better still a SHockwave file) to an MS Access database. The Director file would run on a CD-ROM and is a piece of systems training. When the user finishes his exercise/activity, his result needs to go to a database (preferably MS Access, as I use Access regularly). This database would be on a network - but each organisation using the CD-ROM may have a different network structure (so there would need to be some setting up of paths etc on installation). I have the Developer version of Access 2002 (i.e. Office Developer's Toolkit) and I can use either Director 8.5 or MX (actually I'd do little of the Director stuff - a collaegue would take car of that).

So has anyone done anything similar? Pitfalls, advice, warnings, suggestions .... all appreciated.

Thanks

Sorrells

Registered User.
Local time
Rich,

I have no answers but want to tag along on this post. My client wants to use Macromedia as a tutorial for a commercial Access XP program I am developing. She wants a button on all forms where when clicked, Access shells out to the pertinent part of the Macromedia tutorial as well as including the entire tutorial on the commercial CD-ROM. I have no personal experience with Macromedia and hope you get some responses!

TKnight

Registered User.
Local time
Did you get anywhere with this project?

I am both an Access and Director developer and i've been considering intergrating the two for a while now. I know how it can be done and i'm happy to work on a demo if you want.

Let me know if you're still interested...

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom