ADO recordset creation (1 Viewer)

Lol Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:32
Hi all, thanks for the help on previous problem, however my course leader has thrown another spanner in the works. I was previously doing a database in Access to simulate a barcode POS system. Because I can't get my hands on a scanner he now wants me to do a front end in VB and connect to my database in ADO. My question concerns the recordset. I have tables tblTransactions, tblTransactiondetails and tblProduct. These all contain fields that will be referenced and/or manipulated through an unbound form. Should I create a single recordset from the three tables, and if so how (my SQL is underdevelpoed at this point), or should I create a recordset from each table and cross reference using SQL later on? All the books I've read don't handle the creation of a recordset from multiple linked tables. I've attached a copy of the dbase for reference. Thanks for your help

Lol :D

Attachments

• ABOF Access 2000.zip
    63.1 KB · Views: 121

Shadez

Registered User.
Local time
1)Should I create a single recordset from the three tables?
only you can answer this question because its all down to what you are trying to accumplish.

2)and if so how (my SQL is underdevelpoed at this point)?
you dont need to know much sql, you can use the query builder and just copy the sql from the sql view. (note to link tables just add the required table to the query and drag and drop as nessisary)

Lol Owen

Registered User.
Local time
Cheers, have reached a decision, recordsets ahoy!

Cheers, Lol :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom