Advertising On Forum (1 Viewer)

Mile-O

Back once again...
Local time
Today, 11:04
I'm sitting in work, browsing the forum. I would expect that most people using the forum are sitting in work, be it a home office or a business place. I expect this because, well, Access is the sort of thing you use in a business. You know, professionally.

Therefore, I'm a bit concerned that, at the top of my screen, I'm getting adverts for dating young Ukrainian ladies. Pretty as they are, is this sort of advertising really appropriate for a predominently business related website?

Attachments

• modules.gif
    modules.gif
    49 KB · Views: 164

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
I already brought this up to Jon the last time he said, he made some changes to adverts (Double ads per post removed). However there was no changes, it is a shame.

I am not a typical Ad block user, as I run sites that I am using adverts on, so I know how important adverts are for the maintenance of websites, but when adverts go a little bit over the mark (like the one you have shown) specially in a professional environment I am forced to use some advert blocker plugin. I have to apologize !

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 20:04
Jon tries to keep the advertising appropriate but it requires constant vigilance.

John53

Local time
Today, 05:04
Sorry I have nothing to help with this issue, and I am sorry for the next, but I had to laugh when I read this. On the otherhand I can agree with you on it not being proper. Now on my end those things cannot come through. It may be because of the blockers they use for our network. At home though my son always seemed to get our family computer gummed up with things similar.

Last edited:

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:04
The advertisements are completely tailored to websites you regularly visit anyways.... so stop complaining and GET BACK TO WORK :)

pr2-eugin

Super Moderator
Local time
The advertisements are completely tailored to websites you regularly visit anyways.... so stop complaining and GET BACK TO WORK :)
Not always namliam ! Google uses cookies and they use the term "interest-based ads". These data are collected based on the search terms you use on Google. Similarly other sites use cookies and give ads based on that. Although cookies play an important role, but I am pretty sure not many people use office computers to go on dating services.

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 12:04
Although cookies play an important role, but I am pretty sure not many people use office computers to go on dating services.

I do not want to have all the people in Amsterdam (or any city/country) that do, visit me and come to have a meal :banghead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom