all data form doesnt display records (1 Viewer)

N

narin.s

I am creating a database to store employee data, its divided among 3 tables, storing :Employment data,Personal data and Payment data, the 3 tables are related using a 1-1 relationship between the common field ID in each. I`ve created a form through which all data needed for the fields in each table is entered,while entering the data its possible to view the records, however, when i close the form and check the tables, the data is going to the respective tables,however,after i open the table and then go back to the form, its not possible to view the records in the form, they`re still in the table but i cant view them through the form, i can still add new records using the form, but i`m not seeing the old records anymore. Anyone, help?

godofhell

Database Guru
Local time
Today, 07:06
You probably have the form set to Data Entry. Check the form properties and ensure Data Entry is set to NO

N

narin.s

thanks for the suggestion, but data entry is set to no,any other ideas?

godofhell

Database Guru
Local time
Today, 07:06
Check any of the form events and make sure nothing is being set through VB Code that restricts what the forms display, check the query criteria to ensure there is nothing that might be restricting the information. If all else fails post or send me your database and let me take a look at it. If you decide to send me your database message me privately so I can give me you address.

BadKitty

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:06
this will open the form in add mode:

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frmPermitOrderDetails"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , acFormAdd

this will allow you to navigate through all the records:

Dim stDocName As String

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Poseidon1

Local time
Today, 15:06
this will open the form in add mode:

Dim stDocName As String

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , acFormAdd

this will allow you to navigate through all the records:

Dim stDocName As String

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Hi, do I have to add the two above commands to form load event or just choose one? I tried to put the navigating through all records command and it still does not work. The records still do not show after I close the form. Any advice? Thanks..Oh, I have changed "frmPermitOrderDetails" to my form name too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom