Animated GIF's On Forms? (1 Viewer)

shuff

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:53
Didn't see this one when I browsed the existing threads...

Is there a way to include animated GIF files in an MS-Access form? I've used tons of static images on forms in the past, but never tried an animated image until now. Hopefully it's obvious and I am just having a mental moment!

Many thanks to all,
Scott

dt01pqt

Certified
Local time
The Access environment does not understand animated gifs, it interprets them as still images. Your best bet is to run a sequence of images. You could use a compatible image control device but I don't know of such other than a browser object, but I think that would be over the top.

shuff

Registered User.
Local time
RE: Animated GIF's On Forms

I was kinda afraid that would be the case. Thanks for your reply. Anybody know where the "wish list" is at Microsoft for future enhancements????

Slh

___

¯¯¯¯¯
Local time
There is another way....

Unzip the attached .dll to your Windows System Folder. Register it by typing, C:\Windows\System\Regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\System\Gif89.dll in the Start >>> Run box.

Register it in Access, Tools >>> ActiveX Controls, Click Register and change file type from .ocx to .dll, browse for Gif89.dll click on it and select register.

You can now insert any animated gifs onto your forms by inserting the gif89 control and in the properties box, the last option called "File Name", type the full path of the .gif file.

HTH

Attachments

• gif89.zip
    22 KB · Views: 379

shuff

Registered User.
Local time
Wow... Awesome! I'll give it a whirl today! Many thanks for taking the time to reply

SLH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom