Anyone know of this? (1 Viewer)

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Yesterday, 23:21
I was browsing the web for DB applications....Sorry to say I'm getting frustrated with the direction MS is taking Access... And found this... Sounds like this may blow the Hell out of the mega price of Sharepoint and allow Access on the net for smaller businesses...... Anyone more familiar with this product?
http://eqldata.com/index/

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
Not sure if this would be cost-effective.

Consider:

AccessTables.com

I also have been told that Sharepoint hosting is cheap but I've not actually looked at any hosting solutions. $120 a month for 10 users seems excessive.

or as an alternative:

AlphaSoftware.com

CEH

Curtis
Local time
Yesterday, 23:21
I've seen the Alpha site.. looked at the Alpha 5.... might play with a trial to see what it's all about..... Don't care much for that Accesstables.com... Looks like it is simply the old Access DB replication...... That never worked right...I can see multiple users changing records.... who wins when it's merged?
Didn't consider there was Sharepoint hosting...... was only looking at the cost of purchase for your own server....Need to do a little more research on Sharepoint...and how it works...

Banana

split with a cherry atop.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:21
I thought Accesstables basically used Sharepoint to link the tables but I didn't look closely.

FWIW, I thought it would be worth it quoting Clint Covington (Access PM) about hosting:
Years ago I went on a customer visit to an accounting company that was hosting their audit project management data with the QuickBase service from Intuit. I spent the day talking with a partner of the firm. I asked him about security and concern for storing this information on a third party. He explained his company’s core competency is not security—they are great accountants but not security experts. He personally trusted the security and confidentiality of their data to a third party.

Source (Note: the quote is in a comment in reply to other comments)

lkosewsk

Local time
Today, 00:21
Not sure if this would be cost-effective.

I also have been told that Sharepoint hosting is cheap but I've not actually looked at any hosting solutions. $120 a month for 10 users seems excessive.

EQL Data doesn't charge per *user*, so much as per *concurrent* user. You can have as many users of your application as you want, provided that you only allow X *at one time*. Users beyond the limit will get a polite screen informing them that all connections are saturated, and their browser refreshes automatically when their spot in the queue is free.

Cheers,

Luke

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom