Assign/Email Outlook Tasks w/ Access 2007 (1 Viewer)

BrokenBiker

ManicMechanic
Local time
Today, 11:35
I've been playing around w/ the Projects Template from Access (2007). One thing I'd like it to do is assign a Task through Outlook based on the info already loaded in the db.

The template almost does this in a round-about way. If you open the project form, then the task form, and then dbl-click on the person assigned to the task, you can email that person w/ the subject/notes already filled in...but it doesn't actually assign a task. You have to manually input a follow-up flag.

The frustrating part is you've already entered the due date and all relevant info for the task.

I've been able to create a task on my own Outlook, but I have not been able to "assign" (send/email) the task to the person assigned the task in the db.

I've found some code that is supposed to work, but I keep getting hung up. There are two different bits of code I've tried, but they each get stuck on the recipients/add and/or send portion.
-- Application-defined or Object-defined error

One chunk of code is from here.

I've also attached the db for those that want a closer look. It's been stripped down to just a form used to create a task.

Attachments

• Emailing_Tasks.zip
    30.6 KB · Views: 274

leblanc9425

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:35
BrokenBiker,
I know this is a VERY old thread, but I am trying to do the exact same thing that you were attempting to do and running into the same problem.

Thanks for uploading the sample file. Did you ever get this working? If so, could you post the solution?

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom