Attack on Israel (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 08:04
Think of it this way, the Palestinians have a choice. They can repudiate Hamas and surrender or they can starve

I wish I could agree that the Palestinians have that choice, but I'm not at all sure of that - I think plenty of them (perhaps quietly) wish Hamas would dry up and die, but they have zero power to make it so.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:04
I wish I could agree that the Palestinians have that choice, but I'm not at all sure of that - I think plenty of them (perhaps quietly) wish Hamas would dry up and die, but they have zero power to make it so.

I equate this (in my mind) to the stories we hear from the immigrants on the USA southern border - that the gangs run things and you either do as the gang says or you die. I can easily imagine a "vote for Hamas or die" at the ballot box.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:04
I can easily imagine a "vote for Hamas or die" at the ballot box.
All the more reason for us to help Israel break the vicious cycle.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Don't disagree, but just like anywhere in the world where we were trying to root out terrorists but several million people - an unknown but substantial % of which are known to be innocent civilians - were trapped without food, water, medicine, and being actively bombed.........Just like anywhere, we have a moral imperative to at least try to avoid torturing those millions during the process of rooting out the terrorists. I'm 1000% supporter of Israel, but right is right.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Just like anywhere, we have a moral imperative to at least try to avoid torturing those millions during the process of rooting out the terrorists.
Protecting innocent civilians is an admirable goal. You are appealing to the world that innocent Palestinians must be protected from the ravages of war. But your appeal is "one-sided". The world has been asking that the Palestinians be "protected", but not demanding that Israelis be "protected". Those living in Israel need to be protected from the ravages of Hamas' terrorism. Where are the UN resolutions condemning Hamas? Where are the world leaders calling for Hamas to end their terrorism? Unbelievably, Biden is increasingly demonstrating a pro-Hamas bias by asserting that Israel's response to being brutally attacked has been "over the top" and that Israel needs to restrain itself, but Biden has not given Hamas any equivalent "dressing down" for their brutal terrorism nor has Biden offered any plan that would prevent Hamas from stealing humanitarian aid. The innocent Palestinians cannot be protected as long as Hamas uses them as human shields for their terrorism. The world has been refusing to condemn Hamas.

Rationally, yes we should have compassion, but that compassion (in an irrational situation) shouldn't be limited to one side (Palestinians) benefiting. Rationality and equality also means that Israelis should receive compassion. The instigators (Hamas) need to be eliminated. The Palestinians need to oust Hamas, no matter how difficult.

PS: Late breaking thought. Where is the offer of the international community and the UN to send in a peacekeeping force to disarm all the residents of Gaza? Disarm Gaza and remove all missiles, then maybe the Palestinians there can get humanitarian aid. Israel would be safe too then.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
I don't see it as either or. Obviously Israel has the right to defend itself they just need to try to avoid killing too many innocent civilians in the process that's all

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I don't see it as either or. Obviously Israel has the right to defend itself they just need to try to avoid killing too many innocent civilians in the process that's all
You do realize that Israel targets military installations but Hamas targets civilians, right? You do realize that if Israel laid down its arms, they would all be dead by morning, right? Or do you think that Hamas has changed its stripes?

Do you think that if Hamas laid down its arms and surrendered that Israel would kill all the civilians? Do you think they would even summarily execute the combatants? Do you really think it is compassionate to drag this conflict out? Because that is what your "plan" does. It just gives Hamas more money (if you think the civilians will benefit from the aid, you are blind) to rearm and continue their incessant attacks on Israeli civilians.

Hamas has made its position clear. Kill all the Jews. What part of that position do you not understand?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Issac
I hate to keep talking about this but you are a good person. You even believe in God which is more than most people do these days. The evil people of the world have made you feel guilty for the damage being done to Gaza and its occupants. They have convinced you that the Jews are being harsh and targeting civilians.

Think about it. Do you actually believe that the Jews are targeting civilians? I don't. They never have in the past and even after the atrocities of Oct 7, I don't believe it is in their character to be evil despite all the evil that has been done to them over the centuries for nothing more than their religion.

You are not responsible for this evil and you cannot stop it. The guilt is not yours to bear. You can pray for the good people of Gaza. You can pray that Hamas surrenders and ends this conflict so that the killing can really stop. But taking the side of Hamas will only cause more evil and more targeting of civilians because Hamas will NEVER stop killing Jews but this evil will be on your head for believing the lies of Hamas and giving them a chance to regroup.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
He is attempting to purchase Muslim votes. Hopefully, he loses more than enough Jewish and non anti-semitic votes to more than compensate for his self-serving policies.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The situation is getting worse. The Democrats are now openly interfering with Israeli politics. The US has no business interfering. Furthermore, it is up to Israel as to how they are to deal with Hamas. Hamas will benefit by this (Biden/Schumer) outrage.

As I have expressed in other posts, Biden has yet to call for Hamas to surrender. In lieu of Hamas surrendering, the UN or some other international group could send in peacekeepers to disarm Hamas and remove all rockets from Gaza. Furthermore the US should not give any humanitarian aid to Gaza unless those in Gaza make concessions. The US must use the promise of foreign aid as leverage that will bring peace to the region. It is insane to give "free" aid. Hamas will simply steal it to keep their terrorism alive.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Biden has become numb to Jewish pain and suffering.
So on March 11th, Biden remarks:
Tonight—as the new crescent moon marks the beginning of the Islamic holy month of Ramadan—Jill and I extend our best wishes and prayers to Muslims across our country and around the world.
The sacred month is a time for reflection and renewal. This year, it comes at a moment of immense pain. The war in Gaza has inflicted terrible suffering on the Palestinian people.
Well, Passover begins: Passover for the year 2024 starts on the evening of Monday, April 22nd and ends the 7 day festival at sunset on Monday, April 29th for Reform and progressive Jews living inside Israel who follow the Biblical text."

Will Biden make a similar proclamation to the Jewish community for Passover?

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The CNN reporter still tried to smear Netanyahu.
She also ignored the fact that the Biden administration is interfering in Israeli politics.
The US needs to let Israel fight Hamas without interfering.

Last edited:

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
The Biden administration is increasingly acting against Israel, despite claiming to unconditionally support Israel. Biden is selling out Israel and interfering in Israel's internal politics and interfering in Israel's war efforts just to win an election in the US. Biden is a corrupt manipulative leader who would sellout anyone for pure political gain.

The main purpose of this post was to highlight Kamala Harris' totally absurd statement: “I have studied the maps. There’s nowhere for those folks to go,” she said, referring to Palestinian civilians taking refuge in Rafah." Clearly, her comprehension of the maps is highly deficient since Rafah borders Egypt. Theoretically, Egypt could take in refugees if they wanted too. Seems that none of the Arab states actually want to help the "poor" :cry::cry::cry: Palestinians. Harris could be calling-out the Arab states for their lack of humanity instead of demanding that Israel restrain itself, a demand by Harris that is totally inappropriate since she is not an Israeli leader. This also leads to the question of why the Biden administration never calls on Hamas to restrain itself. Better yet, where is the demand that Hamas surrender?

Finally, Harris ignores the simple fact that Hamas (Palestinians) started the current conflict. They are the ones who should pay the price of having started the conflict, not the Israelis. Yet that is what the Biden administration is attempting to do. Place blame on Israel for defending itself. That is plain wrong.

Last edited:

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
@Issac
I hate to keep talking about this but you are a good person. You even believe in God which is more than most people do these days. The evil people of the world have made you feel guilty for the damage being done to Gaza and its occupants. They have convinced you that the Jews are being harsh and targeting civilians.

Think about it. Do you actually believe that the Jews are targeting civilians? I don't. They never have in the past and even after the atrocities of Oct 7, I don't believe it is in their character to be evil despite all the evil that has been done to them over the centuries for nothing more than their religion.

You are not responsible for this evil and you cannot stop it. The guilt is not yours to bear. You can pray for the good people of Gaza. You can pray that Hamas surrenders and ends this conflict so that the killing can really stop. But taking the side of Hamas will only cause more evil and more targeting of civilians because Hamas will NEVER stop killing Jews but this evil will be on your head for believing the lies of Hamas and giving them a chance to regroup.
I do, I do pray for peace, I just worry about human nature, let's face it if someone murdered several members of my family and then gave me a big gun and told me to go hunt for them, I might be pretty trigger happy along the way. Am I proud of that? No, I just have a sense that most human beings would be precisely like that no matter how good they normally are, emotions are powerful things.

But I agree, pray for peace for the good folks of Gaza and pray the Israelis find ways to minimize civilian starvation (etc) and at least allow aid through. Use the least-blunt tools they can.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
let's face it if someone murdered several members of my family and then gave me a big gun and told me to go hunt for them, I might be pretty trigger happy along the way.
This situation goes far beyond the Biblical eye for an eye. The Hamas animals will NEVER stop. That is the operative point. They have committed to killing all the Jews. No Jew is safe in their home until Hamas is destroyed or relents. The proportional response to the Hamas position is for Israel to never stop until Hamas is destroyed. The Jews are not overreacting in my opinion.
find ways to minimize civilian starvation (etc)
What you are reading in the media is lies spread by Hamas and Al Jazeera and repeated by the lame stream media.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
... and pray the Israelis find ways to minimize civilian starvation (etc) and at least allow aid through.
A valid sentiment, but my visceral reaction: Why are there no calls for Hamas to stop their aggression? The unstated implication is that it is acceptable for Hamas to act in an aggressive and barbaric manner that deprives the Israeli's of the living in a safe peaceful environment. We should not be calling on Israel to restrain itself unless Hamas stops its terrorism.

Steve R.

Retired
Local time
Well, Biden has made it official. Biden supports Hamas a terrorist organization and undermines Israel.

Image below came from a Twitter post condemning Biden's Israel sell-out.

1712269889361.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom