Bar chart becomes corrupted (1 Viewer)

jjmclell

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:37
Hi there,

I'm having a problem with a bar chart (MS Graph 8.0) in one of my forms. I have a number of events written that programmatically change properties of the chart - some work on the actual chart application such as changing the title of the chart, while other events just change some of the control properties such as .visible and .rowsource. The odd thing is that my events will work on the chart for a while, but after prolonged use of the chart, it eventually becomes corrupted and I have to build a new one into the form. This happens consistently. I have another chart in my form (an XY scatter) and it doesn't seem to have this problem (not yet anyways). Does anyone have any ideas why my bar chart is becoming corrupted??

jjmclell

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 19:37
do you have your database compact and repairing on a regular basis? does this happen to your chart after prolonged used while the DB is open, or after a few open/close turns...

can you post a copy of your db? (compact/repair, then compress it, then attach it)

jjmclell

Registered User.
Local time
I think I've narrowed it down. I thought that maybe it was b/c I hadn't been repairing and compacting, so I rebuilt the entire database and started doing that regularly but the problem persisted. I think the problem is exporting the chart to a .gif. I'm using the acOLEClose action after export, but I find if I then try to change the rowsource of my chart and display some different data, the chart corrupts. And it only seems to happen with the bar chart (actually column chart). When it corrupts, the appearance of the chart becomes distorted and my code can no longer work with the chart's application properties (e.g. changing the title). I have an xy scatter chart on my form that has the same functionality but it never corrupts. I can't post my entire database b/c I'm not sure of the sensitivity of the information, even though I'm sure it'd be of no interest to you. After scouring other forums I found one post by someone who was having the same issue but nobody posted a response. Maybe it's an obscure bug with the connection between MS Graph and Access??

jjmclell

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Today, 19:37
have you searched M$ website for a hotfix?

jjmclell

Registered User.
Local time
That's a good idea...I did a little searching on that site but not much. I've googled it a thousand times but in all that, like I said, I found one other reference to the problem with no response by the international community. I will search the microsoft website more thoroughly but I'm not very hopeful :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom