Barcode Problem (1 Viewer)

J86

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:19
hey...

"As far as the changing codes every day thing, that should be simple enough - just create a barcode from a unique customer id and a number representing the date (like 12042009). That will give you a unique barcode every day"

For instance: say if jeff stays for a week and sue stays for 2days, i would need to create 7 different barcodes for jeff and 2 different barcodes for sue? and just assign them to a date? would i need to create a seperate table for this or can it be done in my existing customer details table?

:( another question: now that the barcodes have been created, using the properties of the barcode i have "control sourced" it to the customer id, which is the primary key but how to do i go about assigning an individual barcode to a particular customer?

is it sumthing like Customer ID [field 1] :eek: would i have to use VB? i'm not sure

Appreciate ur help :)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Yesterday, 16:19
You can concantinate the customer unique and date fields to build your "daily customer code" by joining the two fields together with an ampersand. Then to decript the code use Left and Right functions to 'read' the barcode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom