Cascading Combos on Continous Forms (1 Viewer)

epicmove

Ben
Local time
Today, 15:19
Hi Guys,

I have two unbound cascading combo boxes on a form that limit the data for a stored field.

I am designing this as a subform to show software installed on a PC (hence the need to have a continuous form). As the manufacturer, software package and edition are already stored in my database, I am storing only the ID of the edition to limit duplicating data.

I would like to show the values in the cascading combos that relate to the edition ID stored as well as filtering the edition ID using the combo boxes (i guess a filter and a reverse lookup)

Please see attached pic. First record was entered as Microsoft Autoroute. New record for Manufacturer Frontier, change the previous records combos.

Thanks for you help

Ben

Attachments

• software.JPG
    software.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

epicmove

Ben
Local time
afraid not...its the continous forms that are causing the problem

Thanks anyway

R

Rich

This isn't going to work the way you expect it to on a continuous form, use bound combos and even then it's not easy.

epicmove

Ben
Local time
Would mean I am storing the data twice.....thats the problem.

Implications of storing two additional long integer values in each record (say 1000) records, how much more space will I use?

If it gets too complicated I may just have a pop up form that allows the user to filter the software and then copy the value back on close (better plan me thinks..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom