Check out my new database (1 Viewer)

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
Today, 16:53
well, here is my one of my newest ventures. Please feel free to check it out and critisize away. Or email me your comments/suggestion/hate mail to mmajewski@alliancebankna.com

Thanks

Attachments

• ferrislockbox.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
Hey I hit 500 posts!

jfgambit

Kinetic Card Dealer
Local time
Nice Chewy...

Have you considered locking the Customer Comboboxes once a customer has been selected. And if it needs to be changed add code to the on Double Click event of the ComboBox to unlock it. That way no one accidently rolls through the customers and changes the Names without intensionally wanting to do it.

Just a suggestion.

:D

M

mission2java_78

Chewy included me as a reference :) hehe how kind. Maybe others will learn from that :p.

Chewy I'm glad you're picking this stuff up...you should begin to work on databases from a users perspective, i.e: look and feel, more complicated ones, adminstrator side..in that you dont want anyone entering customers in your database only the administrator. Start thinking in terms of real applications and how one would solve problems like these. I can send you screen shots of an app in VB and SQL Server which kind of shows these things. That way you have an understanding of look and feel.

Otherwise its good

Jon

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
22 downloads and only 2 replies. Thanks that would be great. I am not really to worried, since I am the only one who uses it.

R

Rich

Chewy included me as a reference hehe how kind. Maybe others will learn from that
:confused: :confused: :confused:
You have a field named date, change it to something else, EntryDate or whatever, you have a DSum on your main form, total waste of resources, =Sum(Iif([MyDateField]=Date()),[FieldToSum],0) as the control source will give the same

M

mission2java_78

Rich,

Click the little button that displays a message box...the print report email button you'll see...It had me chuckling...

Jon

M

mission2java_78

dope should of known.

chewy! :)

hehe just kidding...he meant well.

Jon

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
i guess I wrote the name wrong...sorry

M

mission2java_78

hehe no biggie I was just saying that to crack a joke...I chuckled when I read..this is the part where I write data to a spread sheet but you do not have this file :).

Jon

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
your name is now correct

M

mission2java_78

O dont waste your time it doesnt bother me at all.

Im glad you got it working though.

I had to do that a lot...people love excel...its a good tool though.

Jon

M

mission2java_78

LOL Don...

real funny rich...go eat an easter egg :)...you sound out of it.

Happy Easter all!

Jon

chewy

SuperNintendo Chalmers
Local time
Thanks again with your help on this, couldnt have done it without you!

M

mission2java_78

Sure you could of...Richard would have been happy to post details :).

Jon

M

mission2java_78

Yes unfortunately...all the other auto industries are off today with pay. We are open for some reason...but we're working!!!! :-(

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom