Combo box bound column not working (1 Viewer)

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:03
hi,
I have 4 columns to display in combo box of the form but need to save the data from column 2 (Data in column 1 is for view purpose but it is necessary to keep it as a column 1).

I am sure something wrong with the column widths property which I couldn't figure it out.
any one could please help to get me out of this mission... cheers. :confused:

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:33
Assign some values for each column separated by semi-colon like: 0.5";1";1.5;0.5". The value is expressed in inches. You may use suitable value of your region, depending on the Regional Setting of your computer. You may modify the values to display the combobox contents properly.

Your bound column number is 2.

Add up all column values together to set the total width of Combobox.

Last edited:

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
hi, Mine is showing in cm. Could you please advise where I should add the index for columns?

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry, for one moment I thought of VBA and indexing of column values. That doesm't come into picture here.

Yes, your bound column is 2 and list width property value is total of all column width values.

You may give the column values in cm.

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
I am sorry but it is not picking the value from column 2. :eek:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
In the Combo box properties Sheet under the Data tab there is a Bound Column property by default it is set to 1 you need to set it to 2.

apr pillai

AWF VIP
Local time
Are you sure you set the Bound Column Property value to 2? Set the first column width value to 0 to display the second column value in the combobox.

Please post a screen shot of the combobox displaying the list of values.

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
Hi, Sorry there is no option to attach the picture I am sure it was previously... only saying URL which I don't think will work..

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Upload your picture as an attachment, it will then give you a URL you can link to.
But have you checked our comments about the bound column setting.

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
can't find any attachment option in the thread.. I have checked the comments in previous threads but not much helpful.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You need to click on Go Advanced to see all the thread tools...

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
The upload is working -

And back to your problem - This is the controls property you need to adjust;

Attachments

• ComboBound.JPG
    ComboBound.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 2,885
  • Advanced.JPG
    Advanced.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 2,579

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
hi, please see attached screen shots for both table and forms view and at the end data is still saved from 1st column instead 2.

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
sorry the file was not attached last time it was in a word (and surprisingly in valid for attachment) now I have attached in PDF

Attachments

• Screen print.pdf
    45.5 KB · Views: 250

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Remove the lookup field from your table and simply store the Tool number. On your form create a combo in the normal way to do the work for you.

While you are doing changes, remove the # from the Tool field name - # is used to delimit dates in VBA and will cause you problems later in development.
Call it ToolNo and if it can only be a number make it a number field not text.

Adopt a naming convention and get rid of spaces and other weird characters from all your object names - see here for how and why http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=225837

chohan78

Registered User.
Local time
hi,
this will cause a duplication and time consuming that firstly I enter all the tools in tools table and then same information in an other table called "AssignedTools". I was trying to save time on it.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
That sounds like you aren't storing your data correctly - can you post up your tables in the relationship window.

I'm guessing you have a Tools table and an employees table and are assigning the tool to a employee ? In which case your assigned tools table should only have a few fields, ToolID, EmpID, AssignedDate, ReturnedDate?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom