Question Compiling to MDE.. (1 Viewer)

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:38
Well,

I've never before desired the option to compile to an MDE since previously I'd never done a professional level Access Application. Usually just little ditties for myself that are quick and simple. Now I've rather gone all out, designing a corporate database for a small business in town, and was planning to release it tomorrow for initial user testing, which usually finds a few glitches I couldn't. So i'm sitting on a split Database. 1 MDB is all tables and the data. The second MDB is forms, reports, queries, and two context (popup) menus.

I wanted to protect (hide) the code and figured life would be simpler compiling this into the MDE application and we'd be good to go. However, I'm getting this error: Microsoft Office Access was unable to create an MDE database. It goes on in the added help information about this error being the result of compiling large databases into MDE files, and only 2048 open TableIDs can be handled at a time.
Forms: 18
with modules: 18
Module: 1
Reports: 4
Queries: 14
Tables: 0
Linked Tables: 11

Total Objects: 66
So how is in unable to create an MDE file? what can I do to fix this process?
Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
never mind.

found that it is best to compile the modules to make sure there are no extraneous errors. once all them were fixed it compiled just fine.
J"SD"a'RR

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:38
Excellent! See how much wiser you are today than yesterday? There is always more to learn from your mistakes than your successes.

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
I would accept that as an axiom. the only thing we learn from success is pride, a valid lesson but not as helpful as the others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom