Connect backend (1 Viewer)

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:08
I have a database with a front/backend and converted the frontend to mde to install it on a computer with only the runtime of MS Access. I would like to install it on any location of that computer. As soon as I install it on different location as given during the link process it comes up with the message that it can not find the backend. I found the code to assign and re-link the backend, but my question is how to start this code and prevent that the message is displayed that it can not find the backend.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:08
Where's the backend? Is this computer connecting to a different backend than the one you connected with the mdb?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 11:08
If you truly do need relinking code, you will need to call it from an AutoExec macro otherwise you will get errors if you don't as that is the only place you can do something before it checks the links and generates the errors.

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
The database is an easy invoicing tool with a fe and be. The tool is installed on different individual computers and each fe has its own be. The tool is splitted to make it possible to update the fe.

Vulcan1500

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your advices Bob with which I was able to solve it. I now also avoid the remark from MS Access that the frontend is not able to find the backend. First I open an invisible empty form. Check in the frontend where the backend was stored during the linking proces. Then I check if that foder and backend is still availlable. If not, I start the code to browse to the backend and relink it to the frontend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom