kate10123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:49
Thanks! I should have spotted that! :)

redrabbit

Local time
Yesterday, 20:49
How difficult is this to do, i would love to try and adapt this to my database but it looks very difficult. I don't know much about VBA and noticed that there are a lot of functions in the background. Can anyone recommend any advice on where to start? Is there a tutorial for the search facility?

kate10123

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:49
Is it possible for the listbox to be set to blank until the user actually enters a search term in the textbox?

Just wondering because will lots of information in the listbox on loading the search form it could make it quite slow.

cds11

Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
So..... I know this has been "dead" for awhile, but I've just come across it. I would love to have a search function kind of like this for my database. However, I'm having a few problems. I tried to emulate Query1 using my own tables and stuff, but I get an error, and I'm not sure why (I'm also not sure if I'm remotely doing the SQL thing right either....)

My "code":
SELECT [CustomerOrderDetails].CustomerOrderID, [CustomerOrderDetails].CompanyName, [CustomerOrderDetails].DateShipped, [CustomerOrderDetails].PartID, [CustomerOrderDetails].SerialNumber, [PurchaseDetails].PurchaseID, [PurchaseDetails].VendorID, [PurchaseDetails].DateReceived, [PurchaseDetails].PartID, [PurchaseDetails].SerialNumber, *
FROM [CustomerOrderDetails], [PurchaseDetails]
WHERE ((([CustomerOrderDetails].CustomerOrderID) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([CustomerOrderDetails].CompanyName) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([CustomerOrderDetails].PartID) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([CustomerOrderDetails].SerialNumber) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([PurchaseDetails].PurchaseID) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([PurchaseDetails].VendorID) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([CustomerOrderDetails].DateShipped) Like "*" & [Forms]!{Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([PurchaseDetails].DateReceived) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([PurchaseDetails].PartID) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*")) OR ((([PurchaseDetails].SerialNumber) Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*"))
ORDER BY [CustomerOrderDetails].CustomerOrderID, [PurchaseDetails].PurchaseID;
Is this even remotely close to what I need? I will attached a blank copy of my database, and I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction....

Attachments

• Second Attempt.mdb
    536 KB · Views: 158

billie66

Local time
Today, 13:49
A while ago I found this Coos Search Tool db on the forum. I like the way it works very much. Trying to make it work for my own db fails. Please, can somebody help me out and make the damn thing work with my own table?

Edo
:D:) Many Thanks for making it available to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom