count footer on notes field (1 Viewer)

jd_boss_hogg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:24
Hi All - i'm probably going to use the wrong terminoligy here - so forgive me...

I have a union query that works great. It shows me all of the records that contain a certain product code beginning with "CS". The product is contained in a text field (actually 8 fields for 8 rows of the invoice) , and is the first 6 characters of that field. So, the union query works and the spreadsheet shows me a row for every time that product code appears in a given period.

What i'm trying to do now is what i thought would be simple: - i need a report that breaks that down further and gives a count. Example, i want to know how many CSA1 appears in the list, how mnay CSB1 etc... but i can't seem to create a 'count' in a report on a note field ?

Any help greatly appreciated !

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:24
in the report go into design view, then select Grouping from the View menu, select the note field and in the bottom select to group, you will get a new Note header section, then add an extra field and use the formula, =count(0) that will give you a count of all of the items that share the same code.

Trevor

jd_boss_hogg

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 20:24
Great - works a treat !

Thanks Trevor.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:24
Welcome and stick with the forum.