Create and email report (1 Viewer)

_Otacustes_

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:56
Hi,

I am hoping that someone may be able to advise me on the best way to manipulate reports using VBA??? What I have currently is a report and in it's record source there is a query. When I run the report the query builds the information and then I can see the information in the report. What I want to do is to be able to extract, in vba, one of the fields from the query. I assume that because there is no direct access to the query (as it is run when the report is opened) that cannot do it by modifying what I have??

At the end of the day, I want to be able to click a button, type in a number (which forms the where clause in the query) and a report is generated. The report is then to be emailed but some of the data, from the query which builds the report, is needed to be added to the subject line of the email hence the access to certain fields from the query.

Hopefully this all makes sense?? If anyone can shed any light on how to modify what I have or can suggest another way of achieving this I would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Ota

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom