Creating a new table (1 Viewer)

K

kkemp

I have a SQL linked distributed application with multiple tables. Info is group together and I want to create a button to delete an individual from the main application but place specified info into an archival table? I am sure this has been done using append and delete queries however the data will be coming from one form whose underlying records are derived from multiple linked tables?? any thoughts..

David Mack

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:15
Easiest way would be to add a "deleted" field with a check box or some other flag. When the person is "deleted" the flag is set. Display only records where the check box is not filled (or flag not set). Archive viewing is the inverse of the above, or both active and archived with an "or" statement.

What you have in mind is a lot more work and if you aren't dealing with millions of records it's not really important. If you are, create an identical structure in a remote db and use the flag to identify records for append (insert into...) to the archive table structure followed by a delete * from currentTables where flag = "true"

Just thoughts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom