Creating an automatic Form Popup (Please Help) (1 Viewer)

exegesis48

Local time
Tomorrow, 01:01
I'm looking for any informaton on how to make my Access database automatically display a certain Form when a value returned as True. So say I am looking to see whether a user checked "Yes" on a table, when I run the query to see the result of "Yes" i would like the database to automatically just pop up a form that I previously created.

Is this even possible?

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:01
Try making a button, using the button wizard, that will open the form you want opened. Have a look at the code behind the button.

You can then use that code in a logical test on the field in question. All you have to do is to decide when to fire the test.

exegesis48

Local time
That makes sense, but we have a Query based on specific criteria. When searching based on user selectable criteria, we don't want the Query itself to popup, we just want a certain form to pop-up based on the result of the Query.

For example, if the Query comes up with Data, we want it to be a GREEN popup. If it comes up with No Data, then we want a RED popup.

DCrake

Remembered
Local time
Today, 23:01
Can you be a bit more specific in your terminology regarding Green Popup and Red Popup?

exegesis48

Local time
By Popup I am referring to any Form that we are able to activate automatically in conjunction with a "Positive" Query return. The forms themselves would Essentially just be designed to be Green or Red. Essentially they would just be standard Access Forms.

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 23:01
You can't do this at a table level or from a query, but you can use the AfterUpdate event of a control on a form. You can test to see if the control is True and open the relevant form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom