CurrentUser - Reverse The Name... (1 Viewer)

roystreet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:17
Hello,
I have currently have a networked Help desk Database that the users log in using their actual name. Once they log in, it "Bumps" their name against the master table to see if there are any open cases that have their name associated with it. If there are, then it prompts them to review those cases. I have just got word from headquarters that they want all names to be first name last, last name first. (Which is the reverse of how I actually have it now) Is there a way that they can continue to use the same user name, but have some coding reverse the name? (To where it would show their last name first?)
Part of the reason this is an issue is once a user opens up an entry form to create a new helpdesk case, it automatically places their username in the "Received By" field. At that point, it now associates that case with their username.

If coding isn't necessarily the best route, do any of you have any ideas or better routes to take?

Thanks,
---roystreet

roystreet

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:17
I think I have found an alternative way using a table that has user names & then the "Actual Name" for that user. This also allows the liberty to use a different naming convention for the user name & it will stamp the users actual name in there perfectly. Now, what I need is to find a way that I can make a user management system so that administrators can add & delete users from a form based system instead of going into Tools >> Security.

If anyone can point me in that direction, it would be helpful - I will look myself also.

Thanks,
---roystreet

Sergeant

Someone's gotta do it
Local time
Today, 14:17
Are you using the domain username to automatically log their name for the trouble ticket?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom