Custom Currency Indicator (1 Viewer)

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 06:10
I'm currently setting up a data base in which I want to store price with a Japanese Yen Currency indicator. Is this possible? The Format allows for either Dollars or Euro. I like to use preferably ¥ or JPY as the currency indicator.

RV

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 21:10
Use this format:

¥#.##0,00;-¥#.##0,00

RV

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks RV

That wasn't quite the way I wanted it but It did point me in the right direction and I used

¥ #,###;-¥ #,###

as there are no fractions of JPY

Last edited:

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
As a continuation of this question is it possible to have the currency indictor change depending on the value of a separate field.

For example if [Currency] = USD then the other field is formatted as USD #.##0,00;-USD #.##0,00 or if [Currency] = AUD then it is formatted as AUD #.##0,00;-AUD #.##0,00

Last edited:

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:10
Why not hold the currency values as numbers and apply the formatting in your forms or reports? You can use conditional formatting to help.

Luddite Lad

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Neil

I can certainly do that (as the currency indicater is held as a number), but I was just wondering if there was a way of formating the field on the form depending on the currency the user is working in.

I do have a bit of a kludge that does the trick but is not quite as eligant :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom