Customized Checkboxes (1 Viewer)

waleedimtiaz

Local time
Today, 02:25
Hi everyone, I am new to MS Access. I just wanted to whether I can make my own Data checkboxes under a specific field.
In Access there is only Yes/No check boxes, I did use one approach by declaring Data as Fields and used Yes/No check box for each field. But I think this not the right way to do it. Is there any option in Access to create multiple checkboxes under a specific field. For example, as given below:
I want to make a Field in the table named "Unsafe working conditions", and beneath that I want all these data checkboxes in datatypes rather than Yes/No.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-14 144156.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-14 144156.png
    79.3 KB · Views: 67

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:25
a control is only one thing - a textbox, a checkbox, whatever, it can't be both. So seems to me

declaring Data as Fields and used Yes/No check box for each field.

is the right way to go.

Access does have what is called a multi value field, but 99% of developers wouldn't recommend it as a way to go. Lots of reasons why, you can google to find out more.

Usual method is to use a subform and select the required workplace conditions

waleedimtiaz

Local time
Today, 02:25
a control is only one thing - a textbox, a checkbox, whatever, it can't be both. So seems to me

is the right way to go.

Access does have what is called a multi value field, but 99% of developers wouldn't recommend it as a way to go. Lots of reasons why, you can google to find out more.

Usual method is to use a subform and select the required workplace conditions
What I did is, I separately declared the data values as fields and selected the type for each field as "Yes/No" checkbox, then when I make a form I get these data values as check boxes.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 16:25
Hi. I think what you want can be done using a Multi-Value Field. However, that comes with its own set of issues. If you use them, you'll have to know what you're getting into.

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:25

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom