Date picker problems (1 Viewer)

Rank Am

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:22
Hi,
I have a user form bound to a query, there are a couple of date fields in the underlying table with no input mask specified - just date time field.

at run time when using the built in pop up calendar, date picker, to enter the date it gives an error message that the data value is not valid for the field however if I enter the date manually it works fine.

It obviously recognises the data type as date/time as the date picker shows up in the text box I have no idea why it won't accept the return value from the date picker. Anyone had this and how to solve it? couldn't find anything in the search

Access 2007, windows 7 - PC set to English UK, keyboard English US

Regards

Jon

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:22
Can you post a sample db with the problem so we can play with it? Try importing your db into a new, fresh db 1st to see if the problem follows.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:22
Along with Allan's suggestion of importing into a new, blank file (which may work if the form is corrupted) you might simply delete/re-create the textbox, as controls themselves can become corrupted.

Linq ;0)>

Rank Am

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:22
thanks for the response, I tried both of those, it was the same with table - the date picker wouldn't work also.
I finally solved it and it was a win 7 issue not access. I recently upgraded from Vista Pro to Win 7 and there appeared to be no specified date format in windows - didn't copy across from the setup Vista. Once I set the windows date format all worked ok.
Since upgrade I have been having all kinds of irritating little problems like this I am beginning to wish I had done a clean Win 7 install rather than the upgrade.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:22
You would think there would at least been a default Date format!

Glad you got it working!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom