Deleting References (1 Viewer)

BillP

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:45
I am in the process of splitting up a database. I have one database, Rates_Data_Test.mdb, listed as a reference in my Rates_Interface.mdb database. I now want to change the reference from Rates_Data_Test.mdb to Rates_Data.mdb, and it keeps reverting back to the original Rates_Data.mdb. It seems that because the names are similar, it doesn't want to change. It's driving me crazy. Can any one help? I'm wasting a lot of time on something that should take seconds to do.

BillP

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:45
Sorry for any confusion, but there's a typo in my description. It should read that it reverts back to "Rates_Data_Test.mdb".

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:45
I'm assuming that when you refer to "reference" you mean "Linked". I hope I haven't misunderstood you. If I am correct then you need to use the "Linked Table Manager".
From Access main menu choose Tools, Add-Ins, then Linked Table Manager. You will get a message if it is not installed. You must run Setup again then choose "Add/Remove" and choose "Advanced Wizards" to install this feature.
After starting the Linked Table Manager select the tables you wish to change the links, then click in the checkbox that says "Always prompt for new location". Browse for the correct database location and click "OK" to establish the new links. This really a lot simpler than it sounds.

HTH
RDH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom