Dlookup problem (1 Viewer)

waq963

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:44
Hi, Can someone help me format that this Dlookup so it works. I jus cant get the formatting right. Thanks.

txtScore.Value = DLookup("[Score]", "tblAQ", "ID = '" & Forms![frmQ]!cboP.Column(0) & "'" And "[Q No] = """ & Forms![frmQ]!txtQ & """")

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 22:44
first thing here: what data type is "ID"? <----- this determines how and where to use the quote marks

second thing...you don't need .column(0) in the "cboP" portion of the criteria part of the statement. that is default anyway for multi-column controls.

waq963

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply. ID is a string.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
these are always a pain in the butt to figure out. try one of these:

1) txtScore.Value = DLookup("[Score]", "tblAQ", "ID = '" & Forms![frmQ]!cboP & "' And [Q No] = '" & Forms![frmQ]!txtQ & "'")

2) txtScore.Value = DLookup("[Score]", "tblAQ", "ID = '" & Forms![frmQ]!cboP & "'" And "[Q No] = '" & Forms![frmQ]!txtQ & "'")

waq963

Registered User.
Local time
The 2nd is correct but it comes up with the 'Type Mismatch' Error. When i place my cursor over the code it is showing the correct ID and Q No but just the mismatch error comes up. Dont know why though?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
The 2nd is correct but it comes up with the 'Type Mismatch' Error. When i place my cursor over the code it is showing the correct ID and Q No but just the mismatch error comes up. Dont know why though?
I personally believe that the 1st one is correct...i am in hospital right now, but if you upload the DB, i'm sure someone can get it fixed for you..

unclejoe

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:44
My guess would be the missing "&" at
2) txtScore.Value = DLookup("[Score]", "tblAQ", "ID = '" & Forms![frmQ]!cboP & "'" & " And [Q No] = '" & Forms![frmQ]!txtQ & "'")

waq963

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the reply. I get an error message saying 'Reserved Error'. I have never come accross this before?

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Waq,

i don't think what has been posted is right anyway. upload the database. syntax for these kinds of functions in VBA vary WIDELY from version to version. sorry to say. uploading will get your problem answered quicker than what you've already gone through...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom