Editing VBA in Access 2007, each form opens... (1 Viewer)

bhavdahl

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:08
I'm experienceing some frusterating behavior in Access 2007 where when I'm editing VBA each form opens in design mode as I edit the code behind it, whether I started out from that form in design mode or not. So when I close the VBA editor I have a screen full of open forms in design mode in the Access window that I have to now close. What really bothers me is if I did have one or two forms I was designing I need to scroll through all the other open forms to get back to them. I'm wondering if there's a switch or something in 2007 that stops this from happening. ???

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 00:08
The forms are open because you saved their embedded code modules and hence the form itself, so they had to open.

All I can suggest is you try to avoid working on so many forms's class modules at the same time. Usually one would test the code changes and hence have its form opened in Form View if you were not actually adding event procedures. If you edit many at once without testing the changes it is surely difficult to know where you are at.

If you are making the same changes to procedures in many class modules perhaps they should be changed to a single procedure, perhaps in a standard module and called from the others.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
bhavdahl,

I am not absolutely sure but I think you may be talking about seeing all of the forms that you have edited in full screen mode. If this is the case, you can can change that behavior.

Click on the Office Button then select Access Options. Click on Current Database and locate the "Document Window Options" check the "Overlapping Windows" option.

You will have to restart you database for your change to take affect.

This will cause the forms to be what I will call normal size instead of all of them completely filling the design screen.

HTH

bhavdahl

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks! Both comments make sense. I was working with a lot of forms and sub forms. I think what was bugging me was having them open separatly as I was navigating between class modules using the explorer instead of going to each form first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom