Enable/Disable Entries (1 Viewer)

Mickster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:33
Hi there I am new to Access and I am currently modifying an existing DB. Currently this DB has a main table which holds a bunch of Patient info such as:

Name
Condition
etc....

The assigned staff field is populated from another table (Staff), which holds all the staff members working at the institution. However a couple of these individuals have left and they no longer want their name to show up on the form when inserting a new record. However we do want there name to still be in the DB for historical reporting purposes......My intital thought was to create another field in the Staff table that would hold either a "Active" or "Inactive" entry. Then just have a simple If statement to see if the staff member is active or inactive. Does anyone see any problems with this solution or propose a more efficient method.

Thanks

MStCyr

Local time
Today, 15:33
Setting another field to True / False is the right way to go for the new entries, and with a quey select all the items that have not been archived. When it comes to viewing the historical data, you will have to select all of the names wheather archived or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom