Error messages (1 Viewer)

thart21

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:53
I was working in my database and suddenly started getting this message on every button I clicked and on advancing records in my form:

"The expression "On Click" or "On Current" or "On Load", etc. you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: Procedure declaration does not match description of event or procedure having the same name"

There are no missing references and I can't figure out what happened.

All I was doing right before this happened is adding a Before Update event to my form.

Would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Toni

thart21

Registered User.
Local time
Figured it out, I think. I had created an AfterUpdate event on a control, then changed it in the VBA window to BeforeUpdate. I think that confused it and I ended up having to delete the control, remove the datasource from the entire form, save it and add the data source again. Then debug/compile and it's working again.

Thanks,

Toni

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Just an FYI for you. You can't type in your own Events for events that exist naturally within Access. As you found out, Access kind of chokes as it keeps track internally of those. So, you never want to manually type a BeforeUpdate, Click, AfterUpdate, etc. Select the event from the list that is in the VBA window.

thart21

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the explanation, that makes sense to me now. I knew when it happened, just not why, now I know:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom