error: system resources exceeded (1 Viewer)

Roman

Local time
Today, 03:00
Hi Every One,

i have a data base with 3.20MB ... with 6 tables and 4 querries i think! it is not so big! the recordes were 900 or less!
i have made it for our Library Department in our Center. BUT NOW, they brought me back the laptop, which had a database on it, and telling me that the laptop have been attact by a virus, and the data base does not work any more...and they do not have any backups!! :mad:

i'm out of my mind! i do not know what to do! the laptop must be formated, thats for sure...but i just copied the data base *.mdb and tried to run it on my PC then i get the error message: "system resources exceeded" and i just have to click on ok, The End!

what should i do? i just need one table in the data base, i tried to emport it from a new data base but the same message comes!

please please help me! i have made a backup 3 monthes ago, the database was only 1.8MB. they told me, that they have entert about 100 new enteries...it seems to me very strage! how could 100 enteries make the database size from 1.8 to 3.2MB! is it possible that a virus couse this?? i tried also to scan te data, but there is no viruses to be recognized!

:confused:

when do they learn to seperate the work computer from the entertainment one!?

p.s.: i tried to open the file on 2 other pc s with msaccess 2003 and 2007...every time the same message appeares.... i have cpu 2.8Ghz, 512 of RAM on my Dell computer

Last edited:

neileg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:00
Are you sure you haven't transferred the virus onto your machine?

If you have a fully working version of the database, I would (after making sure you have backup copies) delete the tables in the working copy and import the tables from the corrupted version. Don't open the corrupted version, just use the working version to import from the corrupted file. If you are lucky, this will fix the problem.

Roman

Local time
@Neileg thanks for your reply...i did it, just like you said, but it is the same...as soon as i click on Ok, by importing i get the same message, just like i try to open the data base!

@all... is there any chance to resque only one table! there must be a way...with a smart tool or some thing!!!!

Safe my Database please............

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
1. database size isnt an issue - access makes temporary tables, and thats why your dbs is growing a little bit - 5Mb is small for a database

2. can you post your dbs, so we can try to look at it
zip it, and upload the zip file

Roman

Local time
sure...
1. it is not profissional made...but it worked!!
2. it contains arabic fonts...but that should not be a problem for you...i just wont a table named "Bktable"

thanks...

:)

Attachments

• KTRE Library v2.zip
    355.6 KB · Views: 163

Roman

Local time
no idea? there must be a way!
may be you know a tool to extract a table from the database? if yes, then tell me where i find it....

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:00
1. If you have the Office installation kit, remove MS Office. Now, if you have any available virus scanner that can disable external viruses, run it on your system. Don't proceed until you can do this a/v scan. Now, re-install MS Office from a CD-ROM kit.

2. Create a new database that is empty. Make your "corrupted" database read-only. Attempt to import the tables from the corrupted database one at a time. A .MDB file does not contain executable code to the best of my knowledge, so it cannot be virus-infected. (VBA code doesn't count because it isn't compiled and so a virus that affects VBA would have to be VERY narrowly targeted.)

3. Try to run the database from a system that has been virus-scanned and booted in SAFE MODE. Limit your activities in this mode because SAFE mode won't do everything you might want it to do.

Roman

Local time
@ the doc man: thanks, that was the first thing i done! it dosent help. then i copied the corrupt file and tried to open it on other computers ( 4 others pcs) and nothing hapins!

stil hope that some one could help me...the data base is attached...and contains no virus..then i still work with my access .. thank god!

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
i can't get it open

there must be some corruption inside - it wont let me see the tables - can you go back to your old copy, an restore it from there.

i know its a hard lesson, but it reinforces the need to have backups, and to split the database - dont keep the data in with the code.

---------
it opens with notepad, and theres some data strings in there - theres probably some corrupted pointer chains causing some system probelm that windows stops. I expect some recovery experts would be able ot recover the data - depends how important it is to you

Last edited:

explosive11

Local time
@ Roman : hey man , i have the same problem exactly did u find a solution for it ?
i would really appreciate it if i worked this thing out .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom