Expression ON Click Error, help needed (1 Viewer)

CafSmith

Local time
Today, 04:42
Hi

Sorry I dont know if Ive posted this in the right place.
I use an access based programme called Bodymaster for windows, its a body shop management system. It has been in use since 2007 here.
2 days ago it froze and I had to close it down. Now whenever I try to access a job I get the following error message -
The expression ON Click you entered as the event property setting produced the following error : functions is not available in expressions in query expression
'Rtrim (Ltrim(tblcomps.CompanyName))'
*The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event procedure]
*There may have been an error evaluating the function, event or macro.

If I then try to access a job again I get this error -
System Error
An error has occurred
Module : FrmJobReview
Procedure : Form_Unload
Error No : 2424
The expression you entered has a field, control or property name that BodyMaster for Windows can't find.

Followed by the first error again.

At the time the error occured I was running windows XP and office 2003.
The main programme is on a server. There is another computer running it as well and thats running fine so the issues seem to be this machine only.

I overwrote the bodymaster directory with all the files from the other machine to eliminate a corrupted file there.. that didnt work, so I put it back how it was.
I unistalled office 2003 and installed offices 2007 to elminate an acess corrupt file but that also didnt work (I had been meaning to install 2007 for a while but hadnt got round to it).

I assume I somehow corrupted a file but dont know where else to look.

I dont have a copy of the MDB file. I am not a developer and this programme is no longer supported. I also dont have any installation discs for it.

Any ideas... Im desperate to fix it.

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
This sounds like a "References" problem. These problems are machine spacific and have to do with the version of Office, etc. that you have installed on the machine.

From the Visual Basic code window, on the menu go to "Tools" and "Reverences". Check for any reverences in the list that show "Missing" and resolve them.

CafSmith

Local time
Today, 04:42
Its a stand alone program. I cannot edit the code.
I was running office 2003 on this machine when it was installed in 2007 and I was still running office 2003 2 days ago when the error suddenly manifested. There have been no version changes.

The other machine also ran 2003 until about 6 months ago when it was upgraded to 2007. It was working fine under both and still is working fine on that machine

Mr. B

"Doctor Access"
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
I use an access based programme called Bodymaster for windows
I was assuming that you had access to the code for this applicaiton. If you do not, then you may not be able to use the application due to the refernces being missing.

If this is an Access based application then you may need to contact the developer for assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom