"Filter For:" on custom menu bar? (1 Viewer)

rockman

Local time
Today, 10:56
I'm not sure if anyone has come across this but here goes:

I'm creating a custom shortcut menu in which I'd like to maintain some of the filter functionality that comes with the standard Access shortcut menu. The customize menu window allows me options for "Filter By Selection", "Filter Excluding Selection", and "Remove Filter/Sort", but I do not see the menuitem "Filter For:" as an option (of course the one that I would most like to have).

Anyone that can point me in the right direction or know a work-around?

Thanks,
Jeff

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Were do you see the "Filter For:" menu option? I can not find it.

rockman

Local time
When I right-click a textbox a shortcut menu pops-up with a multitude of options including "Filter For:". Hope you have some insight on this ghudson.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:56
Not this time. I disable the shortcut menus including the right-click options in my user applications so I had never really noticed the Filter For: option. I could not find a DoCmd.RunCommand "equivalent" for what you seek.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:56
I know it's been a couple years, but has anyone come up with a way to do this? I want to do the same thing the OP described in the first post, but I would also like to know if there is a way to include a text box on a popup menu - so for instance you could put a menu item of "Rename" on the shortcut menu, and let them type in the new name right there. Popping up a second input box doesn't look very pretty . . .

rockman

Local time
Unfortunately I never found an answer for this problem.

Jeff

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:56
Unfortunately I never found an answer for this problem.

Jeff

Thanks for replying . . . I guess I will stick with the messy but functional method of using an input box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom