filtering a form from a selected record on a pop-up form (1 Viewer)

JSDoyle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:20
I've search around the forum and haven't come up with the answer yet.

So here goes...

I have a main form (GRCSearch) that is tied to a table (StoredSearches). When users enter data in this form it saves it to the table. It is a single record form. The data entered by the user is used to search a big second unbound table via some queries.

The search data entered is then recorded to the table (StoredSearches) as a way for the user to track searches and to recall them if they want to run the same search again.

I've created a pop-up form that displays a continuous record layout of the StoredSearches table and a command button at the left of each record.

I want the user to be able to click the command button to the left of each record in the pop-up and that in turn set the focus of the main form to that record. It recalls the search data, repopulating the search fields of the main form. And in the onclick event I'll also have it close the pop-up window.

I however cannot find any references to setting the focus from one form to another form this way. I've found plenty that changes the focus of a form from an embedded subform.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Scott Doyle

JSDoyle

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:20
Working Now!

Okay I figured it out!

I had to modify the popup to use a list box and then had the recordset stored and then passed on to the main form.

Scott :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom